New Colt Gold Cup Trophy VS Used Springfield TRP Operator 1911

@jkelly1229 is wrong! 1911s are totally are cool. The problem is they get f***ed with by companies and some suck! I vote both. Neither are bank breakers. Grab the used while available. Grab the new when you can. Also grab 5 or 6 others ill think of later.

@jkelly1229 is wrong! 1911s are totally are cool. The problem is they get f***ed with by companies and some suck! I vote both. Neither are bank breakers. Grab the used while available. Grab the new when you can. Also grab 5 or 6 others ill think of later.
Nah its a shitty gun, fundamentally. But for other reasons..... they're like the crack cocaine of handguns. I get it. I simultaneously hate them and still want to buy a few more. 🤣

Nah its a shitty gun, fundamentally. But for other reasons..... they're like the crack cocaine of handguns. I get it. I simultaneously hate them and still want to buy a few more. 🤣
I love them for larping.
And nothing fits my hands quite like a sexy 1911. I'll be in lust with them forever. Way overpriced for the most part

I know trust me lol i hate them

And i literally just traded for one

i gripped it..and went f*** i still hate these

Ok the Trophy here is my choice IF you can inspect it first. Colts seem to be dodgy on the qc. Somee have great trigger, safety and disconnect and others seem poor. Dean Safety had one in stock that felt great recently.

I have a TRP that I shot alot a few years ago. It is a solid gun but needed a polish on the disconnector. They need fiber optic sights changed.

I hate the TRP operator sights. I think they look stupid frankly and don't prefer railed 1911s.

Ok the Trophy here is my choice IF you can inspect it first. Colts seem to be dodgy on the qc. Somee have great trigger, safety and disconnect and others seem poor. Dean Safety had one in stock that felt great recently.

I have a TRP that I shot alot a few years ago. It is a solid gun but needed a polish on the disconnector. They need fiber optic sights changed.

I hate the TRP operator sights. I think they look stupid frankly and don't prefer railed 1911s.
full rail looks terrible

Half rails are ok

I have owned an original Colt Gold Cup. The original Gold Cup has several differences from a standard blueprint 1911, and I don't think any of these changes are improvements. In particular, the triggers are very wide and can only be replaced with a gold cup trigger. Also, the barrel shroud where it interfaces with the slide is different, so the barrels (and the slides) are Gold Cup specific. All of this is a pain if you ever want to replace parts, and there are really no advantages.

I know the new Gold Cups have the traditional wide Gold Cup trigger, and that is enough that I would not touch one. Get a 1911 on the standard blueprint where all of the 1911 aftermarket parts fit. Even if you don't plan to change anything, the whole point of a 1911 is the aftermarket is broad, easily available, and compatible.

Why Colt kept any of the old oddball stuff on the Gold Cup I really can't imagine. They could have just kept the name, and put it on an upgraded and tighter tolerance version, and that would have been fine.

Back
Top Bottom