New Bushmaster AR's w/ tele stock Mass legal?

The topic line basically says it all. Specifically the Carbon 15 flat-top they now offer. I've seen some used fixed stock Bushmasters for sale in Mass but am curious about this model.

I have it in my head that telescoping stocks are not legal in this state. Can anyone set me straight on this?

As always,

Thanks.

Steve

Post 9/13/94 semi-auto (so called AWBs) rifles/shotguns can NOT have an adjustable stock! Illegal, felony. To be legal you'd have to permanently glue/pin the stock at a set length.

Pre-ban guns aren't a problem.

Edited to clarify (bolded text).

Thanks Len, thats what I figured. I appreciate the quick reply.

I suppose I could contact Bushmaster and see if they'd sell one with a permanent stock. Of course, there's probably some technicality about that too...

Different question, same topic: I have a lead on a pre-ban Colt with a "regular" M-16 style stock. Can this legally be swapped out to a telescoping stock?

Steve

If a gun was in AWB configuration (had the banned items), and is a Pre-ban gun, you can make whatever further "banned" mods you'd like.

So if it had just a bird-cage or bayonet lug on it, yes you could later add the tele-stock.

Added a word

Not to be a nit, but we need to add in the word "semi-auto".

Post 9/13/94 semi-auto rifles/shotguns can NOT have an adjustable stock! Illegal, felony. To be legal you'd have to permanently glue/pin the stock at a set length.

For example, it would be legal to add a folding stock to an 870.

Re: Added a word

CFFuts said:
Not to be a nit, but we need to add in the word "semi-auto".

Post 9/13/94 semi-auto rifles/shotguns can NOT have an adjustable stock! Illegal, felony. To be legal you'd have to permanently glue/pin the stock at a set length.

For example, it would be legal to add a folding stock to an 870.

Good point, I edited my post for clarity. Thank you for the correction!

Back
Top Bottom