New Blaster

[smile] [smile]
.38 super built by Dan Bedell
bedell.jpg

Damn! How many mortgage payments or slash in kids tuition money did that set you back?

I'd be afraid to get the thing dirty. [smile]

SWEET!!!! I'm sure the wait was worth every second. It's funny cause when you're waiting for the gun to be built it feels like forever but as soon as it arrives you quickly forget about the wait. Good luck with it and enjoy... What are you going to be using for powder? Brazos said that the 3n37 is bad for his guns but I'm not sure about Bedells. Did he give you a recommended load for it? I'm using the N105 and like it a lot.

Congrats,
Pete

She shot great. Unfortunately I had to shoot indoors, and the blast coming of the stall walls was harsh, had a hard time tracking the dot. But I think it stay in the glass. Will know better tomorrow.

My grip is a little different than with the 1911 because of the ICE magwell, but while dry firing I was able to index well.

I also have to get use to using a stronger grip. I use a fairly light grip on the .45. too much shock with the open.

Had a few failure to feed all the way with the big stick, 3 140m worked 100%, one would not feed the last round. So I will be ordering Gram internals, Bedell did not have good thing to say about arredondo followers

Other than that, the gun is awesome... very very happy

now I have to hurry up and make A in L-10 so I can move to Open

I was having a lot of trouble with my Brazos my first day out and it a quick call to him and he said my loads weren't "hot" enough. .2 grains more and no more problems. You're not using tuned mags though are you? Brazos sells a set of 4 tuned mags for a decent price.

Pete

Nope the mags aren't tuned. Bedell, did a trimmer the follower to prevent slide lock. He said with grams, I won't have any issues. I'll change the springs and follower and see what happens.

Its nice to be able to shoot with both eyes open also. big plus on transitions[grin]

It is pretty.

You should really shoot it at the AFS matches, and if you must move up in L10 still, switch back for a classifer match early in the season. The scores from AFS last season show lower percentages nationally for the iron sighted shooters. In other words, if you are looking for good classifiers out of those indoor matches, use the dot gun!

Steve's right about shooting iron sights indoors. The position of the overhead lights in relation to the shooter is critical. Ideally the lights should be in front of the shooter to have a good definition of the front sight. With the light behind the shooter, point of impact can change considerably.
Good luck with the new toy!

You should be shooting with both eyes open whether your shooting an open gun or not....

Unfortunately I can't do irons with both eyes open unless I put tape over one eye, which I have recently been playing with. I see a strong image with my left eye even though it is not my master eye

It is pretty.

You should really shoot it at the AFS matches, and if you must move up in L10 still, switch back for a classifer match early in the season. The scores from AFS last season show lower percentages nationally for the iron sighted shooters. In other words, if you are looking for good classifiers out of those indoor matches, use the dot gun!

You are not helping me stick to my plan Steve![frown] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Those plans to move up never work as planned and classifications don't mean anything anyways.

I'm also afraid how good Mike is going to be when he starts shooting two eyes open. If we catch you shooting with an eye closed with the open gun we are going to have to take it away and sent it to the next guy on the Dan's waiting list.

You are right about the classifiers, I pushed to hard at the end of the season to get to A and fell on my face.

And I wouldn't worry to much about me shooting both eyes open, I shot at Harvard with tape on my glasses and I ran into a pole[laugh] maybe I should only cover one eye and not both[smile]

Right now I'm trying to keep either eye open with the open gun. The blast is alittle more than I am use to[shocked]

I can't do

There is half your problem......no such thing as cant. If you set your mind to it,and work at it in practice, you will be shooting both eyes open within a week.

By the way..that is a nice looking blaster....I've been thinking about an open gun myself.....I just need a ton of 9mm brass..I have my gunsmith..........

Back
Top Bottom