New Beretta 92FS jamming almost every cycle

That stuff on the Italian guns is not shipping preservative.You see some of the worker in Italy work while eating their lunch,and that's just some gravy on the gun.

Still bugs the shit out of me how 10 round mags fight so hard on the last round where the 15s and up load effortlessly. UGH!

That's what happens when design goals go from "whatever, that's all it fits" to "under no circumstances may it fit one more."

if the spring is functional then the magazine is fine and it needs no CLP, scrubbing or lubrication.

The CLP and scrubbing is more to remove the brown sticky coating on the inside of the magazine and spring that can cause it to not function properly.

Last edited:
Can you recommend a lubricating oil? I already have Hoppes #9 for cleaning purposes and just ordered the mag loader. Thanks for the suggestion!

Don't over think it. I mix Mobil1, and tranny fluid, for slides you can use or add gear oil if you like something thicker that will stay on.

CLP is fine, but too thin for me for slides, but it works better than nothing.

The beretta likes to run wet, like an AR. I've never had a problem with mine ever as long as it's got some oil on it.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

The issue has been resolved by thoroughly cleaning the pistol of its shipping oil and heavily lubricating the slide and other essential parts where there is significant friction. After reassembling I successfully shot the 115 grain ammo with out an issue. The magazines loosened up as I loaded them and I can now get all ten cartridges loaded in both.

I want to thank everyone for their input and advice. I learned a lot through this process and I am very happy I purchased the pistol. It's a great gun to shoot. I hope other people will benefit from this thread if they have the same issue.

-rujero

Enjoy your new pistol, glad it worked out for you. And for all Beretta related questions you can check out this site a world of Beretta knowledge. http://berettaforum.net Be careful, Berettas tend to multiply in the safe.

P.S. you might find this video fun at about the 2:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9bOT_d60LM

Hi everyone,

The issue has been resolved by thoroughly cleaning the pistol of its shipping oil and heavily lubricating the slide and other essential parts where there is significant friction. After reassembling I successfully shot the 115 grain ammo with out an issue. The magazines loosened up as I loaded them and I can now get all ten cartridges loaded in both.

I want to thank everyone for their input and advice. I learned a lot through this process and I am very happy I purchased the pistol. It's a great gun to shoot. I hope other people will benefit from this thread if they have the same issue.

-rujero

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

-rujero

I regularly use 115 grain of the Winchester value pack and never had an issue. Glad to hear you're finally able to enjoy using it.

Back
Top Bottom