• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Bedford USPSA Rifle match

That is a great vid mike - you tech show off!

I can see why you guys were at the top of the results. Much more explosive in and out of positions with faster shooting. Although effective for Matt, I would have felt very awkward moving to the left barrel like he did.

Let me watch again...

Looks like matt went straight up then back stopping to grab the two ports closest to the barrels. You kind of did a combo of what I did and transitioning 180 for a port. Geez his AK doesn't move either... I gotta do somethign to help reduce the recoil on mine (where's dan? I need to talk to him [laugh])

I agree with you, running backwards like matt did, not easy or quick. He was one of the first shooters and didn't get to see many people run the stage (except for Rob C who was running back and forth picking up mags[laugh] . Going to the back left was going to make it hard to control the gun and move fast. He took the hit in time to be safe. Matt was running a AK74 not a 47. So that helps out a lot.

Last edited:
...Faster is a relative term depending on who is shooting the stage and what they are comfortable doing. What is faster for me may not be faster for you and vice-versa...

MFP 4073 had it exactly.

I was the last shooter on the stage but I shot it the way I'd initially planned and different from Mike and Matt (as a matter of fact I had a long discussion with two other good shooters and nobody agreed on how to shoot it). I don't shoot much rifle (and Mike does) so I decided to gamble on fast and aggressive (couple seconds less than Mike or Matt). I paid with 3 mics.

I was gratified how the stage turned out because it was shot in many ways. That usually means you set up a good one.

Matt,
You're right, I would have liked to run that a couple different ways too.
You want to reduce the recoil in your flame thrower in matches??? Leave it in the safe, and shoot an AR in matches! The longer barrel, longer gas system along with other improvements will let you shoot much quicker. I know, you wanna play with your toy.

Back
Top Bottom