New Bedford USPSA 6/28/09

That video is priceless. I need to remember it and give it new life when ever you knock our Glocks. I counted six attempts to get that gun out of the holster before it finally came out. Kinda reminds me of a Road runner cartoon where the coyote is trying to draw and shoot the road runner but ends up shooting himself in the foot because he can't get the gun out of the holster. As funny as it is to watch, I am glad you didn't shoot yourself in the foot...
[smile]
-Cuz.

That video is priceless. I need to remember it and give it new life when ever you knock our Glocks. I counted six attempts to get that gun out of the holster before it finally came out. Kinda reminds me of a Road runner cartoon where the coyote is trying to draw and shoot the road runner but ends up shooting himself in the foot because he can't get the gun out of the holster. As funny as it is to watch, I am glad you didn't shoot yourself in the foot...
[smile]
-Cuz.

[shocked] Damn thats harsh... Looks like you won't have to give it life because I am not one to knock the Glocks. I actually kind of like them. [smile]

Cant say I have ever been compared to Wiley Coyote - a monkey maybe but never Wiley. [laugh] Glad I didn't shoot myself in the foot either.

In all seriousness, the good thing is the safety doesn't come off until the gun clears the holster and I am on target. Now on the other hand if that were a Glock.... [wink]

I'll have to try and get some candid video of you to Cuz. You never know when I may need to bring it to life! [pot]

Last edited:
[shocked] Damn thats harsh... Looks like you won't have to give it life because I am not one to knock the Glocks. I actually kind of like them. [smile]

Cant say I have ever been compared to Wiley Coyote - a monkey maybe but never Wiley. [laugh] Glad I didn't shoot myself in the foot either.

In all seriousness, the good thing is the safety doesn't come off until the gun clears the holster and I am on target. Now on the other hand if that were a Glock.... [wink]

I'll have to try and get some candid video of you to Cuz. You never know when I may need to bring it to life! [pot]

Matt- look at it this way. I'd rather have a holster problem than a "shooter" problem. The holster is an EASY thing to fix. No holster in the world is going to prevent me from shooting Mikes!

By the way- you have some of the most aggresive shooting on the move skills I've seen. I've been watching.. awesome.

By the way- you have some of the most aggresive shooting on the move skills I've seen. I've been watching.. awesome.

Dave, you need to get out more [smile]
When you go to the Area 7, are you driving out on Saturday morning, or later in the day?

Thanks for that one Dave! [wink] My problem is consistency. I'm either having a good day or I'm totally off.

I'm really just watching and listening to many of the great shooters we are exposed to every week and trying to learn from them and apply the techniques.

Matt,
That's how you learn, you push to find the limits, back off a bit till you get better, then push again.
I was kidding about Dave getting out more, kind of. Going to larger matches exposes one to shooters that make what we thing impossible, look stupidly easy.

I have been joining different squads every time I go so I can see some different shooters. I have only shot 5 matches so far, hopefully I don't have any bad habbits yet.

Matt,
That's how you learn, you push to find the limits, back off a bit till you get better, then push again.
I was kidding about Dave getting out more, kind of. Going to larger matches exposes one to shooters that make what we thing impossible, look stupidly easy.

Ahh Dan, I shot A7 last year and will be heading up this year as well. I've seen some great shooters and yes, they certainly do make it look easy! Pisses me off! The more I shoot the harder it gets to get better!

WRT Matt- he seems to engage targets on the move sooner than most that I've seen in his division- at least at the local level. But I wouldn't compare him to Max Michell no more than I'd compare me to Sevigny! [rofl] And that's not to offend Matt at all!

On practice- yes- I push myself a number of different ways- and back off a tad in matches... well usually. I find it difficult to go slow sometimes. [smile]

Dave,
Since I practice very little, I've been trying to push a little more at matches. Any other range time is trying to get Kathie better after her looooong layoff from shooting.

Dave,
Since I practice very little, I've been trying to push a little more at matches. Any other range time is trying to get Kathie better after her looooong layoff from shooting.

Well... that awesome that you get to do shooting with Kathie! I hope she is enjoying things again. On the other hand I wish more of the production shooters would stop practicing as well!! [laugh]

Interesting how you shot that ... nice thing about this game is how we all engage differently. I think it's time to break out the vid camera .

Great job setting up stages today - Thanks.

I'm really interested in seeing the results for that Stage 5. It has the potential to be really fast yet the usual suspects for that HHF that I've heard from so far have all had bobbles, extra shots, a jam. I'm thinking even with a Limited gun it should have been an 11-12 second stage with the potential to drop very few points.

Please just set that one up again next month.

Paul did it in 10.04 clean on our squad. I did it in 12 and change. I tried to shoot all the targets from the port but the far left ones and it took me a sec to get on the far right three around the no shoots

That was a cool stage, I wish I could take credit for it, but I grabbed it off a link Scott sent me. The designer didn't have the no shoots there, I needed them to prevent people from shooting the paper and hitting the steel.

I'm really interested in seeing the results for that Stage 5. It has the potential to be really fast yet the usual suspects for that HHF that I've heard from so far have all had bobbles, extra shots, a jam. I'm thinking even with a Limited gun it should have been an 11-12 second stage with the potential to drop very few points.

Please just set that one up again next month.

I'd like another crack at it also. In Open I think It could be done in the 9s, maybe 8's if you were really on and had a good plan to get the far 3 on the right with out hesitation. I might have to set this stage up during a practice

But the steel screwed us all, I blame Rob. [grin]

Last edited:
i will blame Rob also then

and move on from the match, it's gonna be Wednesday and the next one is on it's way
Just a shame with the obvious level of interest and discussion on this match, having generated 110 posts counting this one, that we don't know who won yet.

I'm going to go back to blaming Rob now. Even if he deserves the blame about as much as George Bush deserved the blame for Hurricane Katrina.

Steve- Looks like you feel just at home in limited as you do with your open blaster!
Nice Job.
John S is tough to catch isn't he? He had a great match.

Back
Top Bottom