New Adoptee from Yugoslavia

USMA-82

NES Member
Decided to go with the Yugoslavian SKS 59/66, and ordered. Wow, are they fast! I called in the order on Monday last week, and it was delivered on Thursday. It is one of their "new, unissued" rifles.

After a few nights of battling cosmoline, I brought it out to the range. It's definitely not a "target rifle", but I could keep the shots in the black with a little effort at 50 yards.

SKS59-66001.jpg

After getting rid of the cosmo, I slapped on a few coats of Tung Oil, and gave it a final rub with 0000 steel wool. Good to Go!

My next challenge was how to store the assortment of bayonets that I've begun to acquire. Here's one quick and dirty solution:

SKS59-66008.jpg

It ain't pretty, but it works. Basically, I just created a denim sleeve and hung it from a screw on the inside of the gun vault door. Will have to do for now.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a nice one congrats.

I have the same problem with bayo's too i started collecting them too besides the ones that come with rifles when i get them. I was thinking of getting into collecting military swords and maybe japanese ones too the samuri's.

Sorry - not a fair question given the angle and lack of light. But left to right they are for the following:

Model 1917 / K31 / M-1 Garand / Swede Mauser / m/39

Enfield No. 4

Model 1903 / M-1 Carbine / Mauser 24/52 / FN49

Maybe I'll do a little picture editing and note what each one is next time I take a (better) picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom