My first one of the month

DSC04052.jpg

DSC04053.jpg

DSC04054.jpg

DSC04055.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

Enjoy

Fred

Sure, I acquired this last weekend, but I only took the pictures today, so into the October thread it goes!

View attachment 6595
All matching numbers on the barrel, slide and frame. And it's only 5 years younger than I am! [wink]
View attachment 6596
Pretty good in the wear department. Obviously it was taken care of. Now it's my turn to take care of it. [smile]

Thank you Collector's!

What the hell! That's it Fred! You are hereby officially banned from posting in the monthly acquisition thread UNTIL the last day of the month. [wink]

i'll bite :)

havent actually taken pictures of em yet (been slacking)...but here are the pics i got BEFORE the trade happened.

Colt 1911 MKIV Series 80 (gov't model). typical rattle-can colt. it was intended to be a project gun (seriously debating sending it down to greg derr, depending on pricing. have the frame rails peened down, the slide compressed a bit, re-fit, perhaps a new match barrel/bushing, and new sights. planned on a beavertail / commander hammer, and an extended safety as well, but thats the stuff i can do on my own.

and the new fun toy. Springfield Armory XD45 Tactical. holy crap this things a tackdriver...and EATS any ammo i've thrown at it (230gr RNFPL, 200gr LSWC's, 230g LRN...etc). i'm in love with the LONG sight radius.

colt_XD.jpg

4-fer

S&W Model K17-4 Combat Masterpiece in .22lr
007-7.jpg

S&W Model 60 stainless in .38spl.
003-8.jpg

Winchester model 77 in .22lr.
002-13.jpg

Browning light 12 semi auto 12ga.
005-3.jpg

Hello,
New here, just got this yesterday, my dad had it for 20+ years, hadn't shot it in at least 6 or 7 so he gave it up to me. Took it out the other day seems to do pretty well, and cant beat the price! I put up a few other pics on the milsup forum as well of some recent acquisitions, some good looking guns on here.
S&W Model 59
IMG_1352Large.jpg

Picked up this 24" barrel Stevens/Savage 59A bolt-action, tube-feed .410 shotgun at Blue Northern (good guys!) as compensation for a really lousy couple of weeks at work. Please forgive the cell-phone quality picture.
attachment.php

Does anyone know what the standard choke is on these? It's a fixed choke and there is nothing on the barrel as far as I can tell. It's also missing the front sight bead. I can replace that, but I may cut the barrel down and use it as a "truck gun" instead. Also, it did not come with a manual. I'll contact Savage to see if they will provide one. If someone here has a manual and would be willing to let me copy it I would be most appreciative.

Attachments

• 59A-3.jpg
    59A-3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 570
Can we get a pic of the bottom of the grip and the other side of the K14? I love my K22, most accurate 22lr pistol I own by far.

Sure, but why?

001-12.jpg

002-14.jpg

I need a rear sight for it, it had a ridiculous Leupold rifle scope mounted on it when I got it.

005-4.jpg

The finish is in poor shape but there is no pitting, it was stored in a holster in a shed which really killed it.

004-6.jpg

byf 1943 Mauser

Actually got this last month, but the repairs were not completed until last Thursday when the rifle successfully held together at the range.

What we have here is an undocumented GI bring back in the form of a Mauser K98k, made at the Mauser-Obendorf factory in January of 1943, with many parts coded from late 1942. The rifle is completely matching save the hand guard, and the bolt is matching to itself. Finish is nearly perfect, and the barrel IS perfect. The killer was, like many of its ilk, the stock was duffel cut[crying]. As such, it cost me less than market price - $300. It took two attempts at fixing it for the repairs to hold, and Thursday I fired 31 rounds of hot 1950 Turk surplus through it and everything held together. The second repair has three-four inch threaded brass rods set with Gorilla epoxy and super-glue. This is now the most original and complete Mauser in my collection.

byfB.jpg

byfA.jpg

R21.jpg

101_0304.jpg

101_0295.jpg

101_0287.jpg

101_0286.jpg

101_0300.jpg

R5.jpg

101_0357.jpg

101_0354.jpg

101_0365.jpg

MS

Last edited:
The lower isn't all that new (by a month or two at least), but the forearm came in last night, finally. My second AR15 build. Oh, and its the first one I can't bring to MA. [devil]

NEW_AR_CLOSED.jpg

NEW_AR_OPEN.jpg

Remsport NES 2009 Lower
with Essential Arms LPK,
ERGO grip,
Magpul CTR stock

Essential Arms Stripped upper
with a spikes tactical dedicated .22LR barrel and bolt,
Troy TRX Extreme free float forearm,
Troy BUIS - HK Style Front,
and Troy Medievial Flash Supressor

Can't wait to shoot it.... [smile]

Brown santa came Friday 10/02

DSC00031.jpg

Tactical solutions AR15 22lr LT upper. Went to range today 250 rounds and still had money for coffee and lunch. nice little unit. now I need to find a way to mount a bipod on this sucker.

George D, just trying to get an idea on they year. I'm looking for a K-22 with the magna target grips.

Nice job, majspud !

@Fred
Will you find this thingy in an urban environment ?
In my house SWMBO runs the Tupperware Dept.[rofl]

Here some of my acquisitions, all from the same source.
I've got them at the end of September, but had them registered only on 10/2, so they are in the October thread.
The M91/30 and the M44 Nagant are missing here, but y'all know how these look like

Contender G1 in .44 Mag., with addl. .22/.357/.223 barrels
S3500136.jpg

Spanish M43 bayo to go with my 2nd 98/43
M43Bayonett.jpg

And some Mauser M/71 cartridges in .43 Mauser (11.15x60R).
4 Paper patched originals and 40 reloads. I've got another 120 lead bullets
along with the ammo, too.

alle.jpg

originale.jpg

reloads.jpg

Back
Top Bottom