New Acquisitions for JUNE 2012

Umm... lets see if my computer illiterate rear can do this correctly...
(Edit... couldn't find a picture without SN)
I think that worked... At any rate, my new to me Sig Mosquito; purchased from an NES member.
View attachment 33931
The group buy lower I finally put together this month (I always wanted to be tacti-cool, so I Mag-pull whored it up.) Now another 3 months and I should have the money for an upper.
View attachment 33932
The gun isn't new; but, I finally mass-ified my S-12 ... it was sitting in pieces, so I guess this is better. Thanks to the wonderful NESers who helped me find this stock, it works well after a little "customizing."

That lower is beautiful. I've always liked that Magpul stock. How has the Mosquito been shooting? Do you only use the CCI mini-mags or do you use bulk?

Thanks, I managed not to scratch it at all; but, about halfway through I had to youtube directions. I couldn't figure the springs out. The mosquito has been shooting great; but, it hasn't had a good break in yet so I've only used the mini-mags as of now. No issues whatsoever yet!

Brown-Truck Santa dropped these off for me, today:

8d0cc6a6.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I ordered an EOtech EXPS2-0 for my M&P15 earlier this week, but it looks like I'll have to wait until next months acquisition thread to post it :(

finally got around to snapping a picture today

2012-06-24_20-32-57_987.jpg

Massachusetts Mid-Range Prone State Championships. didn't win the overall, but was the high mass resident :). I get to keep this one for a year, then my name goes on it, and it goes to the next winner next year. Was SUPER psyched...especially since I won a certificate for 50% off a Nightforce scope :). talked to them today, in ~ 18 weeks I'll have a new NXS 8-32x56 :)

the "keeper" trophy
2012-06-24_20-33-21_102.jpg

Just bought a S&W in .500 and shot it for the first time today. Holy recoil. I didn't cock the hammer for the first shot, which I should have done but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
We fired about 15 rounds and hit a 100 yard NRA target about 4 times. This was at about 25 yards. It definitely takes getting used to....

I knew I should have gone to the club today, I'm sure I would have seen, heard, felt you shooting...

Back
Top Bottom