New Acquisitions for February 2011

19112-2.jpg

S&W Pro Series Sub compact 1911 with VZ grips

Last edited:
Space reserved for pictures of my Spikes Tactical 16" middy upper w/ 9" rail [smile]

You're going to be happy with it. I just picked up a Spikes 16" M4 upper, 1/7 twist with Magpul MOE handguards and I love it. It even came with it's own buffer. I threw a pre-sighted Eotech on it, went to the 50 yd line, tossed 3 slugs down range (off hand) and scored a pair of 9's and a 10. I am replacing the Magpul hg's with a KAC RAS as soon as it arrives. [wink]

Since the Spikes preform well and are affordable, I have been thinking of picking up a couple more for future builds.

Posted this in the AR gun gallery but will post it here as I picked it up this month.
Waiting for the EOTech XPS2-0 which is coming Friday. Also going to add a Magpul sling, vertical grip, and a flash light.

fccb3194.png

f3381821.png

AR-15

My new 100-300 yard informal target shooter. Everything purchased and assembled in the month of Feb [smile]

I didn't intend to end up with a full RRA build but hey, why not:

RRA LAR-15 lower with A2 butt stock
RRA LPK with 2 stage trigger
RRA 16" predator pursuit upper / bead blasted / 8" twist / Wylde chamber
used BSA RD30 from the NES Classifieds (whilst I research proper scope / mount)

DSC01186.jpg

Busy month

My contributions to stimulating the economy:

First, some Hogue G-10 grips for my Sig P-225:
edit225grip.jpg

Next, I've been itching for a good, smaller fixed blade knife. I settled on the ESEE Izula II:
editizulaii.jpg

It's a wee knife. For scale:
editizulaiiscale.jpg

Finally, the best for last. My brother brought me skeet shooting, and I caught some kind of bug, because suddenly I needed a Remington 1100:
edit1100over.jpg

edit1100stock.jpg

edit1100rec.jpg

Ski-that is a great looking 1100! Any idea on the age?

Well, I have an idea of the age of the barrel (apparently Remington stamps the barrels with month/year codes), but not necessarily of the receiver. The barrel was (I think) made in March of 1986. The next time a year code matching mine shows up is 1960, and it looks too good for a 51 year old gun.

For the receiver, you'll have to wait a day or two until Remington gets back to me.

Well I couldn't sit still. I needed to pick up another. I mainly was looking for something with a thinner profile to conceal during the summer months.

4b70d88e.jpg

Compared to my Glock 30.

77ca03ec.jpg

Well I couldn't sit still. I needed to pick up another. I mainly was looking for something with a thinner profile to conceal during the summer months.

4b70d88e.jpg

Compared to my Glock 30.

77ca03ec.jpg

great acquisition, man! Definitely slimmer, but man, look at that bore axis difference!

I just got my LTC, which means I could now legally bring in the guns I owned before moving here; they have been stored out of state (just completed the fillable FA-10's - thanks Scouter-Rick). So while these aren't technically new to me, it feels like they are since I've been here more than 2 years. I also haven't shot them in over 10 years, so they really do feel new to me. I inherited all of these from my Dad when he passed away in 1995. He literally had an arsenal that we split up. These are the only things I have left.

Top: Browning Buckmark 22 LR (1994 manufacture year)
Middle: Ruger GP100 .38 Special Stainless (1989 manufacture year)
Bottom: I forgot I had this in my case, Gerber 450 EZ out knife

I've never really cared much for the Ruger, so you may see it for sale or trade on here once I figure out something I want more.

2011-02-24 Small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom