New acquisitions for December 2007

I just picked this up from Hophead:

taurus.gif

It's a Taurus 650CIA J-Frame in 357 Magnum. I just got back from the range, and was able to put about 50 rounds of +p and .357 through it before my hands shut off in the cold and wind. It's got a sweet trigger that's perfectly smooth and linear and just goes off with no warning, so there's little reason to flinch. the sights are really good and unlike my 637 which you have to hold about 6 inches low at 15 yards to hit POA, this is dead on at the same distance, and it makes no difference if it's .38 Special or 357 -- the aim point is the same. 357 is a pleasure to shoot, and I'm going to be working up some warm loads for this one -- I think I'll feel better firing them in this than in my Model 66.

Here's the last group of 10 I shot -- it's a 9" plate at 15 yards, 357 Magnum 125 grain Federals -- you can see how my hands were going numb from the cold. I missed the first one because I aimed as if it was my 637 and it was thus not on the plate. I think the groups will tighten up quite a bit once I get some more range time with it. I can't wait to get out again with this and try it at 25 yards:

taurus_target.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find and nice shootin' !
thumb.gif

(Thought you'd be posting about the Garand... [thinking] )

Service Grades are back ordered at least 100 days, which puts my expected delivery sometime in early March. I did just get a spam can of Greek .30-06 today from CMP though, and 500 pulled 150 grain .308 bullets yesterday.

Pretty neat Fred!
I swear S&W has almost as many commemorative guns as Case Cutlery has knives.
I know my Case collection looks impressive stacked end to end. Your S&W collection must blow that feeling away.[wink]

I read, and read and read some more about these and said the hell with it. Bought it and put through 500 rounds already and so far love it. No FTF or Jams.

smith_sigma_9mm.jpg

Picked up a Marlin 336C at KTP this morning. Pictures will follow as soon as I have a few minutes to get the camera out. Looks pretty close to new and has aftermarket peep sight installed. A surprise purchase, but that will teach my wife to ask to stop at the outlets in Kittery on the way to LL Bean. Being near all those women's clothing outlets caused my Testosterone level to drop dangerously so I decided to walk over to KTP. The rest is history.

Img_0043.jpg

Gary

Last edited:
I picked one of these up right at the end of the month, but I'm throwing it in the Dec. thread anyway.

Sig P226 in 9mm
P226_1.jpg

P226_2.jpg

Mossberg 500 Mariner (crudy pics though)
Mossy_500_Mariner1.jpg

Mossy_500_Mariner2.jpg

I also added an additional AR15, but no pics.
Jr

It was not this December, but fairly recent so why not let the kid brother into the picture too:

DSC01024-B.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my new guns for the month so far

1 Smith and Wesson Model 637-2 Airweight. It is a nice gun for CCW

DSC03157.jpg

2 Pre ban AR-15. It is a Palmetto Armory BH-15A1. Low serial# 14xx. It has a collapasble stock, bayonet lug and a flash hider. From what I have read, these where made in the late 70's untill the early 80's by Olympic Arms for Palmetto Armory. They started with a solid piece of aluminum and milled it out.

DSC03155.jpg

3 D-Technik VZ-58 in 7.62x39. This is the Czech version of the AK-47. The only thing that is the same is it is chambered in 7.62x39. Everything else is diffrent. It is a very well made gun that is very nice to shoot.

DSC03156.jpg

Back
Top Bottom