New Acquisitions for August 2011

Just got this Russian capture P38 from one of the larger distributors. All matching AC42 with correct waffenampts on all the small parts and bakelite grips and some light pitting under the redip blue. Barrel is good with strong lands with very little pitting.

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

and one last picture of all the russian captures I own.
DSC_0602.jpg

Last edited:
gotta dig out the better camera a bit later, but my East German is finally done :)

IMAG0147.jpg

(only thing thats irking me is the upper handgaurd fit. its a bit looser than I'd prefer. attn: flintoid....KNOW you got a fix for this)

whoops. pic just made me realize i forgot to throw the cleaning rod back in.

Just got this Russian capture P38 from one of the larger distributors. All matching AC42 with correct waffenampts on all the small parts and bakelite grips and some light pitting under the redip blue. Barrel is good with strong lands with very little pitting.

and one last picture of all the russian captures I own.
DSC_0602.jpg

Tell us more about the Luger???

My friend was there last week and played with it. He told me about it. I was going to put money down on it. But with tax free weekend I came home with me on tue. I glad I live and hour away. I would be a poor man. What a gun shop. You don't see too many for sale.

I picked this up yesterday, a Harrington & Richardson reproduction of a 1873 Springfield trapdoor in .45-70. It is used, but virtually mint except for a few minor rubs on the stock. The fit and finish of this rifle seems quite good. I have an original trapdoor which I enjoy shooting, however, at the lowest sight setting it hits dead on at 200 yards. Since it is an original I do not want to mess around with the sights or change anything. The H&R has a much higher front sight so I am hoping that it won’t shoot so high at closer ranges. Also the front sight is in a dovetail and could easily be switched out. The rear sight does not appear to be adjustable for windage, but I can always drift the front sight. I have heard good things about the H&R repro’s so I am hoping that this will be a good shooter.

RB200011.jpg

RB200013.jpg

RB200014.jpg

gotta dig out the better camera a bit later, but my East German is finally done :)

IMAG0147.jpg

(only thing thats irking me is the upper handgaurd fit. its a bit looser than I'd prefer. attn: flintoid....KNOW you got a fix for this)

whoops. pic just made me realize i forgot to throw the cleaning rod back in.

my romanian is loose as well, flintoid and i talked about it and i guess you'll need to lengthen the gas tube yourself, or just buy another one. the rest of the rifle is solid as hell but then that upper handguard and tube... rattlerattlerattlerattle.

good looking rifle though! [cheers]

i got a new guard dog, a bit more money than i expected to pay.... but, you can't put a price on home protection and a well trained dog...

guarddog01.jpg

guarddog2.jpg

guarddog03.jpg

*this post is a total fabrication, my dad sent me an email with a bunch of photos attached... i have no idea who's dog this is...
although.... i think this may inspire AcmeArmament ;)

i got a new guard dog, a bit more money than i expected to pay.... but, you can't put a price on home protection and a well trained dog...
View attachment 19846
Tell your pops to email the dog's owner about training him better with the snubbie. His grip is way too low.

Also, the lack of thumbs may prove a roadblock to efficient reloads. Just sayin...

i still hate you for being able to just run to the store and buy one of those. [wink]

you'll get it fixed and you'll have tons of fun with it. us in the DPRM aren't as lucky.

I'll get another soon. For now I got this which I hopefully have better luck with. Cowboy Limited .44 Magnum :)

I'm waiting to run to Walmart to see if I can find any .44 ammo.

5f43a01d.jpg

cda02b8e.jpg

How much should I expect to pay for both of those? I really like them.

The Ranch Hand was ~ $550 and the 336 was around $300. I never had an issue with the 336. Ranch Hand, well not the case.

Bronze EIC for my first 6 points
Gold Regional for my next 8 :)

now, to eagerly await the second package from the CMP when this years nationals scored are all verified, and I'll have a silver EIC, and a Silver National medal to go with em :)

Now, to work on the shadowbox :)

medals.jpg

Back
Top Bottom