New Acquisitions for August 2008

Looks like it was photoshopped inside the trigger guard...woodgrain on the table inside doesn't match the grain outside the trigger guard.

Viper22, he's using a see threw acrylic dowel to keep the gun standing. That's why you see the distortion.

Nice pickup chrismli! Make sure you post what it looks like after the clean up.

Viper22, he's using a see threw acrylic dowel to keep the gun standing. That's why you see the distortion.

Ahhhh, that makes sense. the metal rod didnt, since there wouldnt be a woodgrain reflection off the top of the rod...but if it is clear acrylic, then it would distort the woodgrain.

My bad.

The stock is new Knoxx Specops, the Mossy was last month.

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

[smile]

Yes, I am using a clear acrylic dowel to keep the gun upright.

I've already started on stripping it and cleaning it. Waiting on some parts to tighten her up as well!

Blitz1, I love that shotgun. I've been thinking of a pistol grip mossburg 500, but folks keep telling me that I'll really miss having the stock. That's the best both worlds.[smile]

Not entirely new, however recently back from Alexander Arms and re-assembled. The barrel had to go back to Alexander Arms to be re-chambered.
50 Beowulf

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I just got my assembled upper in today from Riflegear.com. I got a pretty good deal on everything for it. Put it on the lower I had put together as well. I'm just debating what trigger group to put in it.

Stagfullshot.jpg

StagRear.jpg

StagFront.jpg

ATI strikeforce grip
YHM front and rear flip up sights
YHM Skeleton butt stock
YHM smooth carbine forearm
Stag 3h upper
Stag lower

ATI strikeforce grip
YHM front and rear flip up sights
YHM Skeleton butt stock
YHM smooth carbine forearm
Stag 3h upper
Stag lower

Nice rifle! I'm glad to see you're now in possession of it. I particularly liked the stock-nice variant on the ACE and much much cooler than the 6-position (read 1-position) stock that we get in MA.

Well done. Enjoy it!

Nordic 10/22

I finally finished it in August. Nordic 10/22
  • Nordic 10/22
  • Volquartsen HP Action kit internals
  • CAA AR15 pistol grip
  • Yankee Hill Machine Co Carbine Length Free Float Forend
  • Yankee Hill Machine Co. Barrel Nut
  • ACE AR-15 Skeleton Buttstock
  • Weaver K6 Scope and rings
  • Tactical Inc. Matte Black Magazine
  • Clark Custom 16" Heavy Target Barrel
  • Extended Bolt Handle/Auto Bolt Release/ Extened Mag release

DSC00649.jpg

not bragging or trying to sound like a jerk But you are right they really are blowing out F-150s. This truck listed for just under $41000. I drove it off the lot for $29000. This thing is loaded. Another buddy I work with bought one two days before me and got a similiar deal. I paid less for this truck with more stuff in it then when I bought my 02.

Just picked up a S&W Model 36 Chiefs Special earlier this evening! My first revolver. I'll get pictures up soon. I figured out it was made sometime mid-60s, but thats it. Anyone have some more detailed info on SN 5742XX? This is a nice tight gun, barely used!

Just picked up a S&W Model 36 Chiefs Special earlier this evening! My first revolver. I'll get pictures up soon. I figured out it was made sometime mid-60s, but thats it. Anyone have some more detailed info on SN 5742XX? This is a nice tight gun, barely used!

Mid 60's should be correct. I've got a Chiefs Special, which the serial # is 294xxx and it dates to '62-'63

N frameitis strikes again

Hello boys and girls.

My S&W N frame fever continues unabated.

Went to my local gun pusher to give the OK to ship a rifle that I sold out of state and as I am chatting at the counter someone comes from the office and hands the counter guy a used S&W to put up for sale. I said "wait, not so fast, lemme see!"

So I get handed over a cherry, nearly mint S&W Model 629-4 Mountain Gun. These are pretty rare as they are S&W's original rendition of the Mountain Gun concept. Priced $599. I also spot a 5" Model 10 with diamond Magnas for $275 and now I am in a jam here. I want them both but can only stand the financial pain of one.

What does it for me is that nice Model 10s are all over and, in these parts at least, most people see them as antiquated relics. So if that one is not there in a couple of weeks, I know I will find another like it. Not so with the Mountain Gun, so I did the deed. [smile]

So here she is in all her stainless steel glory. Box and papers included. Warranty card still intact, too. Notice the Hogues with metal medallions. Not to worry, this gun will soon be sporting a set of Ahrend round butt finger groove grips.

R-gH7Vefu5Y1TVjCNIJ6aISFSGiUmV5A0300.jpg

sZbzyeZK8vxuUj01SVIsWO8wfRtifFwN0300.jpg

zhZ1SUNY9t3ujGxwB1NocdDnJiURGwy00300.jpg

Accurate little bugger, too. 15 yard group:

80nXbM3ABtVFlSd-Rk8KEbxZ5qvsZeaU0300.jpg

Hello boys and girls.

My S&W N frame fever continues unabated.

So I get handed over a cherry, nearly mint S&W Model 629-4 Mountain Gun. These are pretty rare as they are S&W's original rendition of the Mountain Gun concept. Priced $599. I also spot a 5" Model 10 with diamond Magnas for $275 and now I am in a jam here. I want them both but can only stand the financial pain of one.

Accurate little bugger, too. 15 yard group:

Nice, Jose - congrats on the gun and the accuracy!!

I have found that semi autos just do not trip my trigger like fine wheelguns do.

A Yost-Bonitz or Wilson 1911 leaves me cold. A S&W New Century .44 First Model Hand Ejector, however, gets me all hot and bothered.

There is just something very cool about a big bore revolver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom