New Acquisitions for August 2008

[/CENTER][/CENTER]

It’s a beauty, no doubt about it. No better feeling than to buy a gun that looks great, functions flawlessly and has superb accuracy also, congratulations on your purchase.

Thank you sir [grin]

Hanwei, that is gorgeous. I'm very jealous. Anytime it gets lonely send it to down to Uncle Pete's. It and my 63 can keep eachother company.

Hanwei, that is gorgeous. I'm very jealous. Anytime it gets lonely send it to down to Uncle Pete's. It and my 63 can keep eachother company.

Hehe... I don't know how, but my guns seem to keep making new friends. My Model 19, 34, and 60 don't mind the new kid on the block at all. Loneliness is the last thing they have to worry about!

Now if your 63 wants to come over and play sometime... I think something can be arranged [smile]

Glock 30SF
G1.jpg

I really really want one of these. Are you going to be at the Car Shoot or Shirley Pumpkin Shoot? I'd love to try that out if you'd be okay with that.

And here's the pic's of the bolt action .22

DSC01302.JPG

DSC013031.JPG

DSC013041.JPG

I picked this one up for $40. Its a JC Higgins (Sears, Roebuck & Company). Both names are stamped on the barrel. Its has a 7 shot magazine, and the scope is from an air rifle. I brought it home Friday, cleaned the bore and took her to the range. After sighting in the scope, I shot this 7 shot group at 25 yards. I was amazed with the accuracy of this gun.

DSC01310.JPG

The scope is dead on at 50 yards, and with some adjustment 75 - 85 yards is do-able. Anything more than that and I'll have to buy a better scope.

EDIT: I did a little research, and it turns out this model was produced by Marlin, and cross references with the Marlin Model 80. Value is around $100-$150 for the JC Higgins version, and I saw a Model 80 on gunbroker going for $200.

Last edited:
Here is my new toy for the month. It is a Wise Lite Arms (distrubuted by Century) M53/ MG42 Semi Auto. I have been on a waiting list for a year and a half from Century and Centerfire systems. I found this from some another place that had 3 in stock. It came with 3 belts, starter tab, ammo can and was shipped in a nice wooden crate. I have a ground tripod and a AA tripod for this gun (I was using it for my 1919A4). I can't wait to shoot this thing. It will go good with me MG34.

DSC05426.jpg
Nice pink casket. Is that a Batesville, York, Aurora or Milso? Nice MG42 by the way.

In the funeral industry its what we call a tin can. Light and inexpensive but a nice show piece for the guns. If you would like to upgrade I can sell you a stainless steel for $5K [wink]

In the funeral industry its what we call a tin can. Light and inexpensive but a nice show piece for the guns. If you would like to upgrade I can sell you a stainless steel for $5K [wink]

Can I pay for mine now? I just want to make sure it's lined with mag holders for my AR 30 rounders. [rofl]

I'm sure when I'm ready to be put in one I don't think I'm going to care what I'm put in. The lighter ones are good for when I want to do my Terminator imprestion and carry my casket full of guns to the car (hopfuly not while I'm getting shot at, I'm do as bullet resistant as Arnold)

These represent the last few months worth of acquisitions. Sorry for the delayed posting, but I've been remiss on the picture taking front.

HK USP Compact in 9MM, thanks to Zero Hour Arms
USPC9MM.jpg

HK45 fullsize and matching letter opener, thanks again to ZHA
HK45.jpg

Glock 19 from ZHA
Glock19.jpg

Stag upper from ZHA mated to the Bushy lower I bought from FS many moons ago. Eventually, glass and a Harris bipod will be added before painting a desert color scheme (I love the look of the Army's M110)
BushmasterLongRange.jpg

Armalite AR-180 from America's Armed in Milford. Thanks Anthony! Very nice buying experience (although I walked out and felt like I should call Marc and Jim at ZHA and confess that I was cheating on them!)
ArmaliteAR-180.jpg

And here's the pic's of the bolt action .22

DSC01302.JPG

I picked this one up for $40. Its a JC Higgins (Sears, Roebuck & Company). Both names are stamped on the barrel. Its has a 7 shot magazine, and the scope is from an air rifle. I brought it home Friday, cleaned the bore and took her to the range. After sighting in the scope, I shot this 7 shot group at 25 yards. I was amazed with the accuracy of this gun.

The scope is dead on at 50 yards, and with some adjustment 75 - 85 yards is do-able. Anything more than that and I'll have to buy a better scope.
I thought that rifle looked familiar! I have the exact same one, AND I have an air rifle with a scope that would work perfect. If you don't mind shooting me a PM, I would love to know how you got the scope mounted on there!

Thanks!

I wonder how many of us have an open tab at ZHA. I know I would if they'd let me [smile]

The last time I was there picking something up I actually asked them jokingly. Their response was "well... we keep one open for Fred. But that's it".

hehehehe

I wonder how many of us have an open tab at ZHA. I know I would if they'd let me [smile]

The last time I was there picking something up I actually asked them jokingly. Their response was "well... we keep one open for Fred. But that's it".

hehehehe
I certainly hope there is no such thing. That place is less the 4 miles from my house and a tab would be too dangerous.

Colt Gold Cup Mark IV

A little bit of polishing and cleaning will make this 1911 look as good as new.

DSC_0313-1-1.jpg

Looks like it was photoshopped inside the trigger guard...woodgrain on the table inside doesn't match the grain outside the trigger guard.

Back
Top Bottom