• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW (8/19) guidance: Get angry my friends

Wait, so what we're saying here is that a cop can privately order, purchase, and OWN an AR-15 just by virtue of the fact that he happens to be employed as an LEO? They can have one at home, play at the range, hunt, compete, whatever just cause they're a cop?
Isn't that creating a different class of citizens?

BTW I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously trying to get my head wrapped around this.
Equal protection means jack shit in MA. Rule of law is dead, LEOs are "special people" in MA.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I have absolutely no objection to any LEO buying any of these banned firearms.
I only hope they feel the same way about Us being able to buy/own/shoot/protect with the same guns...

This is good.

The dealers should be shutting the cops off from buying "assault weapons" anyway.

That's one of the only ways we're going to get any change here: when the police are subject to the same stupidity that the rest of us are subject to.

If the dealers want to regain their lost sales - they should just refuse to order transfer "assault weapons" for LEO. Period - end of story.

Then let the cops twist on that for a while and get as pissed off as the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

I have absolutely no objection to any LEO buying any of these banned firearms.
I only hope they feel the same way about Us being able to buy/own/shoot/protect with the same guns...

They don't - which is why it's a bit moronic to not have an object to them being able to buy those banned firearms

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to tinfoil hat:

Will LEO's be effected: No.

Can a LEO pick up a rifle at their LGS like any other rifle: No.

Have LEO's then been effected: Yes.

Can a LEO pick up a rifle at their LGS: Yes, show up, order, prove, return for pickup in 3-5 days.

Is there an easier way: Yes, Order online, ship to FFL, show up, pick up.

People should be contacting online dealers and telling them to NOT ship into MA - PERIOD. LEO - or not.

This is good.

The dealers should be shutting the cops off from buying "assault weapons" anyway.

That's one of the only ways we're going to get any change here: when the police are subject to the same stupidity that the rest of us are subject to.

That's cute that you guys think that, but it's only like 10% of MA cops that are probably "gun guys" like we are. Departments at an "official" level will always be exempt from
this bullshit. This AG bullshit really only applies to guys buying stuff for off duty use, as individuals.

-Mike

If civilians are no longer allowed to buy, then stop selling to cops, as well. Do what Barrett did when Ca banned civilians from owning a .50BMG: they left, and told the cops they were no longer getting support from Barrett. The cops whined something terrible (as they are prone to when told to follow the same rules as civilians). Barrett hasn't looked back.

All gun dealers: If you stop selling and servicing LE, they'll make a stink, and if enough of them are DIRECTLY affected, this may force Healy's hand. Cops regularly whine about "we're civilians, too"....well, guess what? You should be treated that way: no more scary black rifles for you!

Except that Barrett's boycott actually makes sense because as a vendor, he actually controls pretty much EVERYTHING about the distribution and sale of the product- so he can drive the message home effectively. The same can't be said for a lot of other stuff that is more mass marketed. For example even if Glock says MA wont get new glocks tomorrow none of this matters, because a distributor will step in and sell someone Glocks without hesitation. (probably for more money than they paid before, of course).

-Mike

If civilians are no longer allowed to buy, then stop selling to cops, as well. Do what Barrett did when Ca banned civilians from owning a .50BMG: they left, and told the cops they were no longer getting support from Barrett. The cops whined something terrible (as they are prone to when told to follow the same rules as civilians). Barrett hasn't looked back.

All gun dealers: If you stop selling and servicing LE, they'll make a stink, and if enough of them are DIRECTLY affected, this may force Healy's hand. Cops regularly whine about "we're civilians, too"....well, guess what? You should be treated that way: no more scary black rifles for you!

Glad there is at least one other person here who gets it.

The "law" has become a plaything in this state. That means the only way this gets resolved - is thru political pressure. There is no better source of political pressure in this case - than the LEO officers of this state - because they have DIRECT conduit to the AG's office. One of the common tactics used by groups that want to effect change - is to start a protest. They put all the nieve fools out in front. Then they stand in back - and start pelting the riot police with bricks and molotov cocktails. The cops react predictably - and start beating the crap out of the "protesters" who were standing in the front of the crowd. Waala!! - now you've just created a bunch of radicals.

You want to "fix" this problem? Then make sure that one of "special" classes of people suffer under the same laws as the rest of us are stuck with. This isn't rocket science - but there seems to be a majority of gun owners here in MA who are too dense to figure this shit out.

They would rather call up Maura's office and spew rude lesbo jokes and wave their Molon Labe flags in front of the State House - which will probably accomplish exactly ZERO.

Last edited:
That's cute that you guys think that, but it's only like 10% of MA cops that are probably "gun guys" like we are. Departments at an "official" level will always be exempt from
this bullshit. This AG bullshit really only applies to guys buying stuff for off duty use, as individuals.

-Mike

They should shut off sales to LEO departments also. I've already said that before. But I highly doubt that anybody is going to have the nuts to do that. Which is exactly why I have really hard time getting all worked up about this whole thing.

As I've already said here numerous times: What Maura did as far as I am concerned is give me a lesson on why following the law is complete waste of time. Ergo - protesting is also a complete waste of time. Come to grips with the fact that you're a felon in waiting - proceed under that assumption - and move on.

You're not going to give two shits whether your gun is "legal" or not - when the time comes that you actually have to use it.

And 10% is still 10% - which is more than we have now.

I'm not sure why any FFL would take a chance on selling to LE at this point , no matter stocking or ordering.
All the Special class ect. stuff aside.
The way it keeps changing ,what you did today may end up with you in the slammer tomorrow.
I know I wouldn't till this get sorted out.

Glad there is at least one other person here who gets it.

The "law" has become a plaything in this state. That means the only way this gets resolved - is thru political pressure. There is no better source of political pressure in this case - than the LEO officers of this state - because they have DIRECT conduit to the AG's office.

One of the common tactics used to groups that want to effect change - is to start a protest. They put all the nieve fools out in front. Then they stand in back - and start pelting the riot police with bricks and molotov cocktails. The cops react predictably - and start beating the crap out of the "protesters" who were standing in the front of the crowd. Waala!! - now you've just created a bunch of radicals.

You want to "fix" this problem? Then make sure that one of "special" classes of people suffer under the same laws as the rest of us are stuck with. This isn't rocket science - but there seems to be a majority of gun owners here in MA who are too dense to figure this shit out.

They would rather call up Maura's office and spew rude lesbo jokes and wave their Molon Labe flags in front of the State House - which will probably accomplish exactly ZERO.
So I take it you didn't come out with us to fight and show the commonwealth we aren't taking this lying down, that Saturday at the State House ?

Maybe once some LEO's realize what is going on they will publicly start speaking out against the tyrant AG.

I wouldn't count on it in most instances.

Only a matter of time before her own Q&A page becomes such a contradiction that even her own office doesn't know whats allowed and what isn't.

Edit : Plus didn't the Boston police commish come out and say they don't need to carry them in patrol vehicles?[rolleyes]

Last edited:
She's clearly worried that a LGS will be robbed and have these weapons of mass destruction on the street. Can't keep them in stock as that would be way too dangerous. Hence, the "special order" policy. The military and police are the only ones to be trusted, but what if someone was able to rob a military armory? Could that even happen? Oh, wait... I guess that should have been made illegal. Damn.

Last edited:
She's clearly worried that a LGS will be robbed and have these weapons of mass destruction on the street. Can't keep them in stock as that would be way too dangerous. Hence, the "special order" policy. The military and police are the only ones to be trusted, but what if someone was able to rob a military armory? Could that even happen? Oh, wait... I guess that should have been made illegal. Damn.

It's sort of like when they confiscated holsters as well as guns in England. They wanted to remove all traces of gun culture. I think Healey doesn't want individuals to see "LEO-only" ARs at gun shops, which would stimulate their impure desire to have one. She wants to remove all trace of black rifle culture and coolness.

WTF? She's telling dealers that legality of possession is based upon whether they have an outstanding order or not? How can she possibly justify the authority to demand that? And how does that even remotely relate to the AWB as written?
Bingo

WTF? She's telling dealers that legality of possession is based upon whether they have an outstanding order or not? How can she possibly justify the authority to demand that? And how does that even remotely relate to the AWB as written?

On the other hand, maybe it does say that. Then it would be preemption of fed law, and the whole AWB would have to go. [smile]

She's afraid that the gun stores will become supply houses for the peasant when the SHTF scenario happens.

This is how the AGO makes their guidance:

z8X4j5R.gif

Changing the law or not

Q: I am a law enforcement officer. Does the notice affect me?

• No. The notice does not change the law with respect to ownership of Assault weapons by law enforcement officers. Your existing right to buy and possess Assault weapons remains protected under Massachusetts law.

Doesn't change the law with respect to ownership of Assault weapons by law enforcement officers.

Is that an admission that she has empowered herself and that through a notice...rather than that pesky constitutional authority, she has changed the law for everyone else?

They should shut off sales to LEO departments also. I've already said that before. But I highly doubt that anybody is going to have the nuts to do that. Which is exactly why I have really hard time getting all worked up about this whole thing.

As I've already said here numerous times: What Maura did as far as I am concerned is give me a lesson on why following the law is complete waste of time. Ergo - protesting is also a complete waste of time. Come to grips with the fact that you're a felon in waiting - proceed under that assumption - and move on.

You're not going to give two shits whether your gun is "legal" or not - when the time comes that you actually have to use it.

And 10% is still 10% - which is more than we have now.
+1 act accordingly

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

This lady is out to lunch. She is writing new laws every day. Her website reads like a 13 year old's life blog.

Back
Top Bottom