• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW (8/19) guidance: Get angry my friends

Changelog:
Q: I am a law enforcement officer. Does the notice affect me?
No. The notice does not change the law with respect to ownership of Assault weapons by law enforcement officers. Your existing right to buy and possess Assault weapons remains protected under Massachusetts law.

Q: I am a dealer. May I re-stock my inventory of Assault Weapons for sales exclusively to law enforcement officers?

• No. However, you may take orders for sales of Assault Weapons to law enforcement officers, and you may obtain those weapons from your distributor and possess them until you complete the transfer. When you do so, you must retain information sufficient to verify that the transferee is a law enforcement officer

Sooo.. The guidance doesn't pertain to LEO's, yet LEO's wont be able to buy guns in MA.

Last edited:
Changelog:

Sooo.. The guidance doesn't pertain to LEO's, yet LEO's wont be able to buy guns in MA.

Where does it say LEO's can't buy them in MA? I'm interpreting this as saying you can pre-order them one at a time and sell them to LEO's one at a time.

Where does it say LEO's can't buy them in MA? I'm interpreting this as saying you can pre-order them one at a time and sell them to LEO's one at a time.

You going to go to your LGS and order a AR-15 from them or are you going to go online, buy one from bud's and have it shipped to your ffl and not deal with the headache?

I'm guessing #2, which means you're not buying from MA.

No interpretation necessary.... that's what it says.

- - - Updated - - -

[tinfoil]

You going to go to your LGS and order a AR-15 from them or are you going to go online, buy one from bud's and have it shipped to your ffl and not deal with the headache?

I'm guessing #2, which means you're not buying from MA.

You used the words "won't be able to", not "won't want to".

Not trying to tinfoil hat:

Will LEO's be effected: No.

Can a LEO pick up a rifle at their LGS like any other rifle: No.

Have LEO's then been effected: Yes.

Can a LEO pick up a rifle at their LGS: Yes, show up, order, prove, return for pickup in 3-5 days.

Is there an easier way: Yes, Order online, ship to FFL, show up, pick up.

WTF? She's telling dealers that legality of possession is based upon whether they have an outstanding order or not? How can she possibly justify the authority to demand that? And how does that even remotely relate to the AWB as written?

Where is this in the MGL?

Oh nevermind, I've stopped trying to read the law. Next time I have any questions on any other law in the Commonwealth, I'll just call up the AG's office since that's all that matters.

how are they getting the questions that they are adding to the FAQs on a weekly if not daily basis? i.e. who is asking those questions that the AG feels compelled to update the FAQs?

I am guessing the 'contact the AG's office' on the website is not going to get it done.

ETA

It would be great to get an answer to this into the FAQs (using some of their language):

"If a 'stripped' receiver (for a weapon that would meet one of the tests described above and be treated as an Assault Weapon) was possessed legally before 7/20/16 (which would not have a legal requirement to be registered via FA-10 in Mass as it is not capable of firing a shot), can that receiver be built into a weapon that would meet one of the tests described above and be treated as an Assault Weapon" or something like that

Last edited:
The Ag doesn't trust the dealers to stock what she considers assault weapons for sale to LEO only.
The shop takes your order and has to call you when it comes in.
Also supply sufficient proof you are a LEO.
Shall not be infringed takes another hit.
This time the LEO's have to wait.
Ironic yes, funny somewhat, confused as to what this accomplishes. Oh, Yeah!

Dealers could have an inventory of AR's for sale outside Mass.

How in the world can the AG start keeping track of a company's inventory and when a potential LEO inquired or ordered a gun?

Same way she would if all my ar15 receivers were made into bolt action firearms?
SHE IS ALL KNOWING.

AG on a shelf!

To go along with my Elf on a shelf!

It's clear that the dolts in the AG office keep making up and reinterpreting the laws because they fell into a bucket of $hit. There's nothing in the MGLs that I recall that prevents an FFL from stocking guns for police sale.

Last I checked the first F in FFL stands for federal. FFLs can buy ARs, stock them, sell them to FFLs in other states or sell them online to customers in other states and complete delivery by shipping the AR to a FFL in the buyers home state. As far as I know none of that requires a Mass dealers license since the FFL isn't selling anything in Mass at all.

it really sounds like her goal is to put FFL's out of business in this state. basically, No dealers no sales.

Last I checked the first F in FFL stands for federal. FFLs can buy ARs, stock them, sell them to FFLs in other states or sell them online to customers in other states and complete delivery by shipping the AR to a FFL in the buyers home state. As far as I know none of that requires a Mass dealers license since the FFL isn't selling anything in Mass at all.

You are correct. There are a number of FFLs who reside in MA but will not transfer a gun to MA residents they will only send the gun to another FFL in MA who is licensed to sell in MA for the transfer and so they avoid any problems with what's legal/not legal in mASS>

So, today I was told by a friend of mine who works in a local shop that they have received a couple of phone calls from the state (assume AGs office? but he didn't say) inquiring about recent sales. I didn't get any real details unfortunately.

Maybe once some LEO's realize what is going on they will publicly start speaking out against the tyrant AG.

So, today I was told by a friend of mine who works in a local shop that they have received a couple of phone calls from the state (assume AGs office? but he didn't say) inquiring about recent sales. I didn't get any real details unfortunately.

Tell your friend to tell them to stop making crank calls and just hang up on them. [laugh]

Keep digging, Maura. Keep digging.

She will keep digging because her Napoleon complex compels her to do so.

Maybe once some LEO's realize what is going on they will publicly start speaking out against the tyrant AG.

Anyone know how Jeff Gallo, running for Essex County Sheriff, feels about the 2A ?

https://www.facebook.com/jeffgalloforsheriff/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item&tab=page_info

12803113_498387980368097_1368069583022327141_n.jpg

I AM NOT ENDORSING HIM - tho I may.

I'm just displaying one of his signs.

Back
Top Bottom