New 1911DK

Just got mine in on Friday!!! Cant wait to shoot it. I was actually only able to afford it because I got a killer discount from the factory for attending the 2 week firearms instructor school. If you take a class at the S&W academy, they give you a discount slip good for 60 days and it works out to just about 40% off MSRP. I paid $778 shipped.

Cross-X said:
Did that plumb-stem trigger take a bit of getting accustomed to?
The whole gun took a bit of getting used to[wink] The trigger was very odd for me, yes it does take some gettting use to for sure.

The only thing that I did notice with all of the ammo was a hell of a dent in the rim of the case, I am use to seeing a little dent there but this seemed a bit extreme. I believe there is a thread about this from someone else here that just bought a new S&W 1911.
They don't finish milling the breech face, there are various theories as to why. Other manufacturers also have this problem.
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=3608
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=4245

Soon as my bonus comes I am going to get another S&W 1911, probably going to have it sent right back if I find either of these issues. I am not going to leave the gun store without checking.

1911dk

IIRC, there are two DK models, the one that has been pictured and one from the Performance Center for a list >$2K!!

Personally, I have two of the std SS models and both shoot extremely accurately and just above point-of-aim at 25 feet. Then I wanted a Commander sized 1911 and went to Four Seasons to buy one. Did so (bought the SC), but it came home with a black one with adj sights, ambi-safety, and nice stocks. Shot them both on the way home.

The SC shot a bit to the right and a little high at 25 feet, and grouped good. Holding off a tad I managed a 50-5X target.

Shooting the full sized adj sight model I had to come UP a huge number of clicks to get it into the X ring at 25 feet. This is the only one of my four S&W 1911s that was not ON from the factory. I finally got it into the X-ring. Just the other day I shot this one on the 50 foot PPV target and scored a 60-3X which was not bad as I had to hold off to the left a tad.

The SC had more recoil than the full sized gun, and at ten ounces lighter this is to be expected. All ammo shot is target grade w/3.9 gr of Clays under a 200 gr LSWC bullet.

Dollar for dollar, the S&W 1911s are as accurate and consistent as any 1911 on the market, at least any that we can purchase here in MA!! They are loaded with extras IMHO and need nothing to go to meetimg. Triggers are decent, but not match quality. All four have very tightly fitted bushings and barrels.

If anyone knows of a job opening at S&Ws marketing dept, let them know that I am available! :)

Back
Top Bottom