Never open your door to cops. EVER!!!

This is what we are living with now. The answer: DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. DO NOT COMPLY. DEMAND A WARRANT. DO NOT SURRENDER YOUR RIGHTS. IF THEY ENTER WITHOUT THE PREREQUISITES, THEY ARE ARMED INTRUDERS REAGRDLESS OF THEIR ANNOUNCEMENT AS OFFICERS OF THE LAW. CONCEAL YOURSELF AND DEFEND YOUR HOME.

View: https://youtu.be/CKLxdAnhXSM?si=h8tmlV6aj4mBLbRt

Last edited:
This is what we are living with now. They got the wrong apartment and baited an Airforce serviceman into a confrontation.
Really? Says who? Mr Crump? Is there a story that goes with it? Not a good shoot. Of course the police don't think so.

The article linked to the video:

The shooting happened last Friday afternoon at Fortson's apartment complex on Racetrack Road in Fort Walton Beach.

In a previous press release, the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office said a deputy acted in self-defense after hearing sounds of a disturbance inside Fortson's apartment and encountering him armed with a gun.

Okaloosa County Sheriff Eric Aden held a press conference Thursday afternoon to address the incident and release the video. This came after Attorney Ben Crump and Fortson's family held a press conference Thursday morning in Fort Walton Beach.

"We are aware of a press release and other comments that falsely state our deputy entered the wrong apartment and imply that they burst through the door into Mr. Fortson's residence," Sheriff Aden said. "The statements are inaccurate as shown on the video."

Sheriff Aden then explained some details of the video.

"What we do know at this time is that the deputy did announce himself not once but twice," Sheriff Aden said. "Mr. Fortson's comments indicate that he did acknowledge it was law enforcement at the door and he arrived at the door with a firearm in his hand. The deputy knocked on the correct door, he did not cover the peep hole or otherwise obscure its view in any way. Again, I don't share this information to pass judgment. We simply want to assure the community of what is known at this time for the safety of our deputies and for the community."

The FDLE and State Attorney's Office are each conducting investigations into the incident. The deputy involved has been placed on administrative leave, as per standard protocol for officer-involved shootings.

"There are many questions the investigation must answer before we can determine whether the officer's actions were justified," Aden said before later stating, "I told Mr. Fortson's family this afternoon that they have my word that if this shooting is found to be unjustified, their son's will name will be fully vindicated and justice will be served."

Really? Says who? Mr Crump? Is there a story that goes with it? Not a good shoot. Of course the police don't think so.

The article linked to the video:

The shooting happened last Friday afternoon at Fortson's apartment complex on Racetrack Road in Fort Walton Beach.

In a previous press release, the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office said a deputy acted in self-defense after hearing sounds of a disturbance inside Fortson's apartment and encountering him armed with a gun.

Okaloosa County Sheriff Eric Aden held a press conference Thursday afternoon to address the incident and release the video. This came after Attorney Ben Crump and Fortson's family held a press conference Thursday morning in Fort Walton Beach.

"We are aware of a press release and other comments that falsely state our deputy entered the wrong apartment and imply that they burst through the door into Mr. Fortson's residence," Sheriff Aden said. "The statements are inaccurate as shown on the video."

Sheriff Aden then explained some details of the video.

"What we do know at this time is that the deputy did announce himself not once but twice," Sheriff Aden said. "Mr. Fortson's comments indicate that he did acknowledge it was law enforcement at the door and he arrived at the door with a firearm in his hand. The deputy knocked on the correct door, he did not cover the peep hole or otherwise obscure its view in any way. Again, I don't share this information to pass judgment. We simply want to assure the community of what is known at this time for the safety of our deputies and for the community."

The FDLE and State Attorney's Office are each conducting investigations into the incident. The deputy involved has been placed on administrative leave, as per standard protocol for officer-involved shootings.

"There are many questions the investigation must answer before we can determine whether the officer's actions were justified," Aden said before later stating, "I told Mr. Fortson's family this afternoon that they have my word that if this shooting is found to be unjustified, their son's will name will be fully vindicated and justice will be served."
He was alone in the apartment. What domestic disturbance can occur exactly? The footage shows he never pointed the weapon the officer or threatened them in any way. Not to mention the trend of violent criminals knocking on doors and pretending to be police. Answering the door with a gun in your hand is not a crime.

Last edited:
Those birds were sure making an unnerving racket. Mother f'ck, put that cop right on edge. You know, it's important they feel safe above all else.

He was alone in the apartment. What domestic disturbance can occur exactly? The footage shows he never pointed the weapon the officer or threatened them in any way. Not to mention the trend of violent criminals knocking on doors and pretending to be police. Answering the door with a gun in your hand is not a crime.
As i said not a good shoot. I was just wondering where you got your info about it being the wrong apartment. There is no way the leo knows how many people are in the apartment. It is one of the biggest arguments against sending social workers to domestic calls. If that woman was an employee of the property/management they better break out their checkbooks, too. Did she 'just call the police and did her job'? A civil jury might not think so.

50 year old me would not have opened the door with a gun in my hand for someone banging on the door saying Sheriff's Dept. I would never have gone to the door to look through the peep hole to find no one in view. 50 year old me would not even open the door without calling 911 to verify why some cop is banging on my door.

20-25 year old me might have done what this kid did.

The race hustling parasites probably won't even care about this kid cause he wasn't a career criminal and he was a service member in a respected unit. But I know the race baiting parasites will care that this is Florida, a red state, during an election year and they will overlook that he is not the normal worse than worthless drug addict career criminal loser like Floyd that they normally canonize, in order to inflame a red state if it will help a democrat marxist cause.

I wonder what his plan was for opening the door while holding a gun down low. Either it's a cop and you're getting blasted for having a weapon in your hand or it's an intruder that's pretending to be a cop and now has the advantage once you open the door.

This is what we are living with now. The answer: DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. DO NOT COMPLY. DEMAND A WARRANT. DO NOT SURRENDER YOUR RIGHTS. IF THEY ENTER WITHOUT THE PREREQUISITES, THEY ARE ARMED INTRUDERS REAGRDLESS OF THEIR ANNOUNCEMENT AS OFFICERS OF THE LAW. CONCEAL YOURSELF AND DEFEND YOUR HOME.

View: https://youtu.be/CKLxdAnhXSM?si=h8tmlV6aj4mBLbRt

What about the neighbors in a crowded apartment complex? NP…Just open fire. Any time cops are involved everyone in the area is in danger.

PD identified themselves before knocking on the door….Answering the door with a pistol in hand is a bad decision
The guy said a couple words that every person can say
Saying Police, sheriff, etc is within the capabilities of every criminal

Last edited:
The guy said a couple words that ever person can say
Saying Police, sheriff, etc is within the capabilities of every criminal
Not only that but he stood to the side of the door after knocking and saying police.

There were several times the victim said something that came through as inaudible on the body cam.

Criticizing the police for bad action doesn’t equate to what you’re claiming.
Let’s just pretend the cops were IDF soldiers instead of cops and most of you guys will give them a pass. After all, they thought they were stopping a bad guy when they shot the good guy.

But seriously, You can always call 911 to verify it’s really cops if you have any doubt. Best choice is probably to just tell them everything is fine and ask them to leave through the door.

If you open the door, a foot will likely be immediately inserted.

Let’s just pretend the cops were IDF soldiers instead of cops and most of you guys will give them a pass. After all, they thought they were stopping a bad guy when they shot the good guy.

But seriously, You can always call 911 to verify it’s really cops if you have any doubt. Best choice is probably to just tell them everything is fine and ask them to leave through the door.

If you open the door, a foot will likely be immediately inserted.
Like I said it's happened many times before. Typically if the bad guys are coming in you don't have time to call 911 and go through a verification process.

Perimeter security is nice, for this dead AF guy, not really possible in an apartment.

Wait...what? Didn't I read somewhere recently that the sheriff's department say it wasn't the wrong apartment??? Is someone lying trying to deflect and save face?

Here:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom