NES get together at BBC Sandwich (Cape Cod)

****NOTE DATE CHANGE FROM 3/7 to 3/8*****

A few of us Cape Cod NES'ers are thinking about arranging a get together at the British Beer Company on Route 6A in Sandwich on Saturday March 8th. The weather should be getting better by then. The Sandwich location is convenient because it isn't too far from the Canal so hopefully we'll get lots of the Off-Cape folks to join us as well.

We are planning on having some fun handouts and even some cool raffles...

HERE IS THE LATEST INFORMATION:

Okay, I got a little busy this afternoon, but here is the most recent update.

This is going to be big! It looks like we will have close to 60 attendees, if not more.

The prize table is almost as big. We currently have 45 door prizes totaling more than $600. Included are 26 lots of ammo totaling 1220 rounds, in six different calibers.

To make the drawing more balanced, it will be an open table. You get picked and you choose a prize and pick the next ticket. There will be a printout on each table of the prizes, and all the prizes will be bagged and marked by lot number. Hopefully this will help expedite the drawing. Everyone will have an idea of what they are hoping to win and can choose quickly.

If there are any new arrivals for the table, the master sheet on the prize table will be updated as needed.

It is imperative for all attendees to check in and get a raffle ticket when they arrive. ALL adult attendees are eligible for the raffle. Permits will be checked for ALL winners of ammo. The plan is to start the drawing at around 8:30.

FOOD INFORMATION:

The first bit of news is that we requested a server that already knows what this whole get together is about! :) Devon will be taking good care of us!!!

For all the folks taking advantage of the All-You-Can-Eat Pizza, we will be collecting $15 as payment for the pizza. You in turn get lots of pizza and a pretty star on your hand! None of us will be stationed at the pizza table monitoring hand stamps, but at the end of the night, we are responsible for paying the pizza bill. PLEASE be courteous and only partake in the pizza if you have paid. We have asked BBC to bring out 4 pizzas at a time so there will always be hot pies.

If you are not going to partake in pizza, Devon will handle food bills. I let BBC know that there will be some folks that will want to order off the menu, and they are happy to accomodate them.

Drinks will be pay as you go, Devon may be able to keep per-person tabs, but we will have to see how that goes.

I think I remembered everything! I seriously can't wait to see everyone tonight! Travel safely & be ready for a very fun evening!!! :)

Last edited:
Wow Kathy, this sounds like an amazing event that shouldn't be missed!

Tell me more about the giveaways and the awesome ladies that are hosting it!

Grace, the awesome ladies have lots of ideas in the works, right?! Some that are definites are NES Stickers and AMMO!!!! I am wondering if this is the FIRST NES get together hosted by women! I am thinking this is definitely a good reason to check it out!

Wow Kathy, this sounds like an amazing event that shouldn't be missed!

Tell me more about the giveaways and the awesome ladies that are hosting it!

We did the last one there and they were very accommodating to our group. Even when Fred lite up his cigar inside! Lol. I'll try to make it by.

Pizza and burgers are usually good there! They have some dining rooms on the side that will give us the opportunity to match faces with screen names. Once we get some tentative numbers we can ask to reserve one!

Last edited:
I'm in. Sounds like a good time. If they let Fred smoke his cigars, maybe they'll let us set up an indoor range there for after dinner. We could all test drive the Les Baer Fred sold me.

I'm in. Sounds like a good time. If they let Fred smoke his cigars, maybe they'll let us set up an indoor range there for after dinner. We could all test drive the Les Baer Fred sold me.

Hmmm. I have access to a indoor range up the street.

In case anyone is worried about this being too "girly" (considering there are two ladies doing the posting), dgrafton is planning along with us. He will be sure that it stays a good representation of the NES population!

Well, you guys (gals) came to Attleboro so i reckon it's the least i can do to reciprocate. Looking forward to it.

Sounds good.

Sure, throw my name in there. You know that usually doesn't work out well;-)

Look, minininjer already declined and she doesn't even know me, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom