• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Community regional NET?

My wife and I are interested in participating if/when this net is up. We are both General class operators sharing a Yaesu VX-8R, and an Icom 7200. We are currently set up for 2m/70cm with an external antenna off the HT. We have been planning on setting up the HF for NVIS, but I'll set up whatever would be more practical for the net. We haven't been very active lately because we simply don't know that many HAMs on the air... and it's hard to keep the boys away from the gear. It would be nice to gain more experience before we pick up our second HT.

I am not listing my call on the forum, PM sent.

Here is an update on the NES Ham radio Net. Requests to start a net started in August and I have only gotten 10 responses, out of the 10 only 4 have HF capabilities and only 3 may be able to hit the Paxton Repeater. This project is proving to be more of a problem then I thought it would be. Also of the responses the times that people will be available to try this Net are scattered and not cohesive enough to put anything together. I fear this will not become a reality. So I will put this out to you as an open innovation to try to make a SSB contact on 80 meters , 40 meters and 20 meters please let me know when any of you would like to try this, time, frequency, date and I will make myself available to make the contact. You can find my email address on QRZ so email me and we can set something up. the same goes out to anyone that can hit the Paxton repeater.
John N1HM

Here is an update on the NES Ham radio Net. Requests to start a net started in August and I have only gotten 10 responses, out of the 10 only 4 have HF capabilities and only 3 may be able to hit the Paxton Repeater. This project is proving to be more of a problem then I thought it would be. Also of the responses the times that people will be available to try this Net are scattered and not cohesive enough to put anything together. I fear this will not become a reality. So I will put this out to you as an open innovation to try to make a SSB contact on 80 meters , 40 meters and 20 meters please let me know when any of you would like to try this, time, frequency, date and I will make myself available to make the contact. You can find my email address on QRZ so email me and we can set something up. the same goes out to anyone that can hit the Paxton repeater.
John N1HM

Bummer. [sad]

I'd be happy to try any band you want at any time, but you'll find that 80m is going to be the best option (as you probably know) since most 80m antennas are NVIS for all practical purposes.

blindfire 80 is good or 40 during the early afternoon. I sometimes go on the Nuts Bolts and Screw Net on 7.185 3:00 PM -4:00 PM Monday through Thursday most of the time there is a pre-Net starting at around 2:30 PM. It is a good easy going net with a topic of the day. The participants of this Net are from New England, PA, NY, NJ and Maryland and most of the time the propagation is good. You can follow along on NetLogger, see who's logged onto the net and also use the instant messenger feature to send messages to the Net and the people logged on. You may want to try NetLogger if you don't currently use it. I will check into the preNet and the Net today if you are around please check in. This will get us connected.
This is also an open invitation to anyone seeing this post please join us today.

Last edited:
For those HF folks that were/are interested in an informal net, the latest "The Doctor Is In" podcast just released today by the ARRL does a pretty good rundown of NVIS antenna practices and principles. Short, concise, not too much geek speak, and very appropriate for setting up regional comms out to a few hundred miles.

You might check out other episodes of this podcast, too. All of them are really pretty good.

73 de N1MHD

https://www.blubrry.com/arrl_the_doctor_is_in/27798352/nvis-near-vertical-incidence-skywave/

NES Community Regional NET

John N1HM

John:
Haven't been on NES in a while, so I just came across this post. I'm game to try a NET. I can try 80, 40, or 20. Any weeknight or weekend morning - just to see if we can make contact. I can't hit Paxton from home, but usually have no problem when mobile.
It would be great if we can get something going. PM me if necessary.
Karl
W1ZHU

Today I made contact with KJB and blindfire on 80 meters. Both were readable and loggable QSO's. We should try to set up a time for more folks to try to connect. I talked with blindfire at 12:30 PM and KJB at 3:00 PM. Give me a time and frequency and I will try to make a contact with you.
John N1HM

Our antenna is still down. But still interested. Got my tech and general and still haven't been on.

80/75m sounds good to me. If anyone would like to set up an early or late afternoon schedule, please let me know. PM. Thanks W1RVL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom