NES classifieds are Anti-Luddite-I want reparations

I recently bought some brass from a fellow NES member. I warned him that the itrader rep thing was beyond my ken. I received the package and was more than pleased so thought I might learn how to give some sort of accolade. Right. So I spent at least a half hour trying looking for some way to thank. The ad disappeared, there is no record of my transaction and I can't even find something in my email account. Other than starting a thread like this, how can I thank a fellow NES member?

PS Most days my Fred Flinstone background doesn't bother me. I'd rather not get dragged kicking and screaming into the age of communication and am certainly too old a dog to learn more than a only few new tricks. So I think there should be a market for Communicator Ombudsman, given that tweets, blackberries et al are used as weapons against the aged, infirm and underinformed.

PSS Why can't we go back to party lines? Much cheaper than present phone service.

If u find that member... click on his name in the top left...in the drop down click view profile
On the next screen you will see their profile with a bunch of tabs on top...click the Feedback tab
The next screen click Leave feedback
A new screen comes up. Fill out info and submit.

haha, i feel your pain also. (feelin' everyone's pain this month) i have bought some stuff here at nes, infrequently as it be, and can never remember from one transaction to another the procedure to get to the sellers feedback page. i usually stumble into it eventually by clicking every damn thing that highlights as i mouse across it. i will cut and paste the above instructions to somewhere that i'm sure i'll forget for future reference.

Thanks greencobra, you out of touch guy, you.
My messages- nothing
my contacts- nothing
my accounts- nothing
iTrader- nothing
my messages- nothing
classifieds- nothing
I've clicked on everything I can find- nothing.

Cut and paste? WTF is that?

haha, i feel your pain also. (feelin' everyone's pain this month) i have bought some stuff here at nes, infrequently as it be, and can never remember from one transaction to another the procedure to get to the sellers feedback page. i usually stumble into it eventually by clicking every damn thing that highlights as i mouse across it. i will cut and paste the above instructions to somewhere that i'm sure i'll forget for future reference.

Yeah, I agree. I occasionally do deals on here too, but EVERY TIME it takes me way longer than it should to remember the procedure for finding the feedback to leave some. I think it would be super helpful if Derek, or whoever makes changes could just add a "leave feedback" link in the pulldown when you click on a person's screen name, like when you want to PM them. It would be so much simpler that way.

Thanks greencobra, you out of touch guy, you.
My messages- nothing
my contacts- nothing
my accounts- nothing
iTrader- nothing
my messages- nothing
classifieds- nothing
I've clicked on everything I can find- nothing.

Cut and paste? WTF is that?

Print out a similar conversation.
Cut out the pertinent section.
Paste it onto your pillow before you take a nap.
Wait a full hour. A FULL hour.
When you wake up your answer will come to you.

Old computer trick.

Find a post by the user or find him in the user list under the community tab at the top of the page.
Click on the users name and select view profile.
The last tab to the right on the profile page is the users feedback score tab.
it will look something like this
steve.PNG
attachment.php

Last edited:
No. That guy was worried about feedback so I told him I couldn't generate such but I am tecchie enough to piggyback off his feedback. The one I'm talking about here was in the last few days. Given that he shipped it using his real name and posts under a different name and his ad disappeared I've got no way to get back to him shy of the Telephone Information. Some are touchy about that sort of thing so won't do that.

Thanks for all the other responses. My thought process is different than what's needed to use a computer efficiently. I can do simple trig in my head, but processing computerese? Just call me Org.

To hijack my own thread, since I rarely look at threads on computers and at the risk of removing any doubt as to my tech savvy, why can't I play Microsoft Spades? The game usually doesn't start but when it does it shuts down.

Back
Top Bottom