NES AR Build Party, Feb 27th

New England Armory

NES Member
Alright boys and girls, it's that time of year again. Break out your parts because now's the time to build! We here at NEA will be hosting a little build party/get together for yous guys. We've got a bunch of tools and machines to help you get your project done; after all, the family that builds together stays together. Or something.

We'll meet at 11 Mirra Way, West Newbury, MA, on February 27th at noon.

Food is TBD. I don't have the means to cook a mean feast like chrono so we can either potluck or order out for pizzas.

Pricing will be at $15 a head, to help replace broken bits and support our growing business. We'll also have some spare parts on hand we can let go at cost.
Let us know if you need any specific tools or accommodations.

Also It seems there's a lot of support for this kind of thing so maybe we can make it a biannual get together.

Max guests is 25

In so far
boilermaker
massBRS +1
beldavius
bgoum
EvilDragon
lancecolonel
RichLec
SMS65
USS_Silversides

Last edited:
In! I've got an upper to finish out (forward assist, dust cover, low profile gas block, barrel, ALG Defense hand guard and compensator). If I can afford it, I may want to change out the trigger group on my lower, but haven't decided on anything just yet. Any recommendations?

In! I've got an upper to finish out (forward assist, dust cover, low profile gas block, barrel, ALG Defense hand guard and compensator). If I can afford it, I may want to change out the trigger group on my lower, but haven't decided on anything just yet. Any recommendations?

Geissele SSAE is probably your best option but the Ruger after market trigger is not bad for the price.

I have a DGW stripped upper I got through a GB several years ago, but haven't done anything with it yet.
I have the matching lower too, and installed an LPK in that last year, but that's as far as I got.
I'd like to build out the upper, but I want to do it in 9mm. It's my understanding that this is a less complicated build because it's blowback operated, requiring less parts because there is no gas system to deal with.
I don't have any parts to do this yet, I've done some searching around and there doesn't seem to be much out there, and what I have found is just stupid expensive.
Everyone has low priced complete uppers in 5.56, 300 Blackout, 6.8 SPC and 7.62x39, but 9mm seems to be the oddball.
Can someone point me in the right direction with a parts list of exactly what I'll need to build my upper in 9mm ???
Yes, I'm also aware that I'll need a magwell block and a different hammer for 9mm.
If I can get all the parts together before the build party date, I'd definitely like to attend.

I have a DGW stripped upper I got through a GB several years ago, but haven't done anything with it yet.
I have the matching lower too, and installed an LPK in that last year, but that's as far as I got.
I'd like to build out the upper, but I want to do it in 9mm. It's my understanding that this is a less complicated build because it's blowback operated, requiring less parts because there is no gas system to deal with.
I don't have any parts to do this yet, I've done some searching around and there doesn't seem to be much out there, and what I have found is just stupid expensive.
Everyone has low priced complete uppers in 5.56, 300 Blackout, 6.8 SPC and 7.62x39, but 9mm seems to be the oddball.
Can someone point me in the right direction with a parts list of exactly what I'll need to build my upper in 9mm ???
Yes, I'm also aware that I'll need a magwell block and a different hammer for 9mm.
If I can get all the parts together before the build party date, I'd definitely like to attend.

Depending on the bolt you buy you won't need a different hammer .

I'll pm you some links for the parts you'll need later . I'll bring my grease gun lower to the party . You think 9mm is a odd ball 45acp is like 2x the money .

I'll start adding people who are in, to reserve seating. We don't have a credit card machine working yet, so cash or check works.

I am in. I will be watching and learning, not actually building - but I do have a few tools I have started collecting for my 1st build. I can bring some along just in case they might be needed.

Back
Top Bottom