need to buy bulk ammo

Im looking to restock for the spring/summer shooting seasons and also to add the annual "surplus" stock to the back room. Anyone know any places that are still offering good deals on .40, 9mm, .45, .223, 7.62X39. Looking to get atleast 10k in each caliber.

Im looking to restock for the spring/summer shooting seasons and also to add the annual "surplus" stock to the back room. Anyone know any places that are still offering good deals on .40, 9mm, .45, .223, 7.62X39. Looking to get atleast 10k in each caliber.

Keep in mind, without a permit it's illegal to have that much ammo in your house here in Mass.

That an interesting note if I were a mass resident...fortunately for me I will claim and retain my Maine residency for as long as humanely possible. But my Mass LTC A- All lawful should still let me buy that much ammo here...even if i cant store it here

That an interesting note if I were a mass resident...fortunately for me I will claim and retain my Maine residency for as long as humanely possible. But my Mass LTC A- All lawful should still let me buy that much ammo here...even if i cant store it here

Correct, that should work. [grin]

If you're a Maine resident with a non-resident MA LTC, you cannot purchase ammunition in MA.

search.jpg

A non resident ltc holder can infact buy ammunition in MA. I have about 1500 rounds I picked up at Dicks last week on sale AND even the GUN ROOM sells me ammo and those guys are the must uptight paranoid bastards around.

Negative, NWanner made it a few days ago and I just have it bookmarked. Much, much faster than searching myself. Note the username in the top right corner.

In the time it took you to do that, you could have just told me

A non resident ltc holder can infact buy ammunition in MA. I have about 1500 rounds I picked up at Dicks last week on sale AND even the GUN ROOM sells me ammo and those guys are the must uptight paranoid bastards around.

You're wrong, and the Gun Room is possibly the worst place I can think of to give you an idea of the law...

MGL C140 S123 said:
Seventh, That no delivery of a firearm shall be made to any person not having a license to carry firearms issued under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty-one nor shall any delivery of a rifle or shotgun or ammunition be made to any minor nor to any person not having a license to carry firearms issued under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty-one or a firearm identification card issued under the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine B nor shall any large capacity firearm or large capacity feeding device therefor be delivered to any person not having a Class A license to carry firearms issued under section 131 nor shall any large capacity rifle or shotgun or large capacity feeding device therefor be delivered to any person not having a Class A or Class B license to carry firearms issued under said section 131; provided, however, that delivery of a firearm by a licensee to a person possessing a valid permit to purchase said firearm issued under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty-one A and a valid firearm identification card issued under section one hundred and twenty-nine B may be made by the licensee to the purchaser’s residence or place of business, subject to the restrictions imposed upon such permits as provided under section 131A.

The nonresident license is issued under 131F, not 131, so the dealer cannot sell to a non-resident LTC holder.

Last edited:
I concede...I did not see that little provision. While it doesnt say it is illegal for me to buy it, it does say it is illegal for a dealer to sell it to me.

Correct. However, because it is illegal for anyone who is not an MA licensed ammo dealer to sell ammunition in MA, it effectively prevents you from buying any ammo.

Correct. However, because it is illegal for anyone who is not an MA licensed ammo dealer to sell ammunition in MA, it effectively prevents you from buying any ammo.

Is that true? Lets say I had a couple of boxes of ammo, may be 100 rounds, that did not match any gun I had. Could I legally sell it to someone in MA? Could I legally GIVE it away to someone in MA? If not, how could I get rid of it?

haha i got two Neg Rep pionts in this post just noticed.....thought id let you know

Back
Top Bottom