Need pointers rifle shooting

At what distance?

A 4" group at 100 yards is NOT going to remain so at 300.

It is impossible to give you pointers on shooting a rifle without one-on-one coaching. You have been given the advice to get good ammunition to eliminate that factor. You als NEED to dump anything that says Barska on it. They are cheap crap.

You MUST have a high quality sight if you intend to be able to shoot with any degree of accuracy. At a minimum that means a Burris Fullfield or Leupold VX2.

Besides that, you need to find someone who is a competent marksman that can teach you to shoot from various positions (sitting, standing, prone, etc) without the use of a bench.

People who use their rifles exclusively for hunting are, in general, some of the worst marksmen when real accuracy is demanded. Don't take it personally, but that's how it is.

There are several shooters here that can easily do a 3 to 4 inch group from the prone position using iron sights at 400 yards. Find them, swallow the ego, and learn from them.

Thanks for the advice. I shoot better with my AR and a red dot than my Remington and that Barska 8x32. I guess it's time to invest in some good glass. Any scopes you would recommend around $300-$400.

My friend from Springfield preaches Leupold...and I cant seem to find one under 5 or 600. Good glass is not cheap. Its like those spotting scopes for Perry...find me a cheap Kowa...I dont think there is a such thing. My military style one aint much good... Oh but Redfield is a good scope I believe. I stay away from Bushnell, Nikon, the binocular people..there fine for Apple seed or close stuff but not for real distance.

Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 MilDot with side focus and target turrets.
Should be around 200.

Thanks for the advice. I shoot better with my AR and a red dot than my Remington and that Barska 8x32. I guess it's time to invest in some good glass. Any scopes you would recommend around $300-$400.

I switched to Winchester ammo and tried the rifle again this weekend and it shoots great. Groups just under 2" at 100 yards. I know I can do better with practice but atleast now I know it's not the gun.

Please, please, please...........

Do yourself a favor.

Pick up each and every piece of your spent brass, and hold on to it.

If you become serious about accurate shooting, you will get some reloading equipment, and start building your own. Your ammo will quickly become much more accurate than the shooters ability to shoot it.

And, with reloading your ammo, you'll be able to shoot more, and save $$$ on every round you shoot.

Save your brass, and reload it!

I save every piece although some get turned into fishing lures. I reload several handgun calibers and never got into reloading rifle. I think I will start to putting an order together for some reloading equipment for rifles.

Please, please, please...........

Do yourself a favor.

Pick up each and every piece of your spent brass, and hold on to it.

If you become serious about accurate shooting, you will get some reloading equipment, and start building your own. Your ammo will quickly become much more accurate than the shooters ability to shoot it.

And, with reloading your ammo, you'll be able to shoot more, and save $$$ on every round you shoot.

Save your brass, and reload it!

I save every piece although some get turned into fishing lures. I reload several handgun calibers and never got into reloading rifle. I think I will start to putting an order together for some reloading equipment for rifles.

And good lures they are! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom