Need new washer and dryer (and a good dealer)

Speed Queen...

And get it fast...

This is the last chance to buy with durable manual controls and high water load.

EPA changes go into effect in 2018 thanks to 0Bama.

After that you'll be forced to buy crap with failure prone electronic controls and hardly any water with damages clothing.

High Efficiency are junk that will cost you an arm and a leg in the long run.

I have HE LG and they seem to work fine. Have had them for 4 years now. If your clothes come out smelling highly of detergent it means its not getting rinsed off.

We've had our maytags for 20 years. still running strong with only 1 repair needed which was done by my husband and that was about 3.5 years ago.

Avoid LG

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Why? Currently LG is on my short list. Some rebates and I have a gift card to a local place (An independent dealer, not a chain).

I'd prob go with the Speed Queen, but out of the budget. It's just the two of us, so not a ton of laundry to do. If we were a large family, then I might invest in one.

I have a working front load dryer I may sell cheap if anyone is interested.

I have no complaints about my Maytag washer.

It's 18 years old. I got it pre-Y2K and pre-9/11. That's just crazy!

It's one of the first ones that caused the class action lawsuit against Maytag for funny-smelling doors on front-loaders. When I was in buying the fridge a few weeks ago we were talking with Rays about it. 1999. They didn't have records that far easily accessible but based on my description.

3+ kids for 18 years. I guess that's durable.

If you're looking for on the cheap, go to the scratch and dent store at the Christmas tree shop plaza on rt 9 in Shrewsbury. The trained delivery Gorillas constantly bang things up carrying them into houses, and you can get a decent middle of the road brands for good price. I've had good luck with them, and who cares if the side of the washer has a scratch on it? It's against the wall, and you can't see it anyway.

We've had our maytags for 20 years. still running strong with only 1 repair needed which was done by my husband and that was about 3.5 years ago.

I have no complaints about my Maytag washer.

It's 18 years old. I got it pre-Y2K and pre-9/11. That's just crazy!

It's one of the first ones that caused the class action lawsuit against Maytag for funny-smelling doors on front-loaders. When I was in buying the fridge a few weeks ago we were talking with Rays about it. 1999. They didn't have records that far easily accessible but based on my description.

3+ kids for 18 years. I guess that's durable.

They may be great now but they won't last forever.

I'm on 20 years on a whirlpool.

I am going to get a Speed Queen as a backup and put it in storage. Once the new regs go in place in 2018 - a good washer will be a thing of the past.

Besides the Speed Queens, they don't make them like they used to.

If your Maytag shits the bed, you never be able to replace it with a new model that has similar features.

We are hard on appliances and rarely have one last more than 6-7 yrs. Just replaced a 5 yr old Bosh dishwasher last week after it broke down for the 3rd time ( right after the warranty expired)..
Personally, I like Lowes for major appliances. Apply for their card and get another 10% ff their sales price. Apply that towards their extended warranty.
For $129 or so, you get 5 years bumper to bumper in house repair from your local appliance repair guy. I've used that service 6-7 times in the last 5 years and it's simple . Make a call, the local repair shop calls you within 20 min. Everything fixed with zero hassle and zero cost.

As some have said, fix it. Google your model and the symptoms and there will likely be how to's and/or youtube videos. They really are simple machines, especially the older ones. I've fixed several appliances by just Googling...

As some have said, fix it. Google your model and the symptoms and there will likely be how to's and/or youtube videos. They really are simple machines, especially the older ones. I've fixed several appliances by just Googling...

I have fixed my refrigerator 2 times, the washer once and the dryer twice by watching You Tube videos.

Ive had no issues with samsung anything yet. My mother has had her washer/dryer for 7 years no issues, mine set is only 5 months old. They had a big recall but took care of it like any other stand up company.. Whats next is Toyota junk because of their recalls? I

Ive had no issues with samsung anything yet. My mother has had her washer/dryer for 7 years no issues, mine set is only 5 months old. They had a big recall but took care of it like any other stand up company.. Whats next is Toyota junk because of their recalls? I
No my Samsung refrigerator died twice because of a bad mother board. I have never seen any fridge die in my life except a Samsumg. And their washers that explode only reinforce they are junk.Best of luck with yours.

Last edited:
No my Samsung refrigerator died twice because of a bad mother board. I have never seen any fridge die in my life except a Samsumg. And their washers that explode only reinforce they are junk.Best of luck with yours.
\\

same issue with my buds at work, one had a fridge crap out twice and one had a washer mess up, Their words were never buy one again. I don't own a Samsung so I can't say from personal experiance

Speed Queen - Sclamos in Worcester

Ever move an old appliance that's heavy as hell many lasted an entire lifetime and say to yourself "they don't make me like that anymore"? They do...

Both Franks Appliance in Milford and A&D Appliance in downtown Medfield are excellent to deal with. We generally buy from one or the other and Franks has great service

I'm a mechanical engineer. So I'm all for fixing things (fixed two prior washers). I did google it and found the issue. It's the tub bearing/housing (from what the symptoms are). So I'm looking at ~$400 for parts if I can find them. Then the effort to take it all down and apart. Since it's in my hallway on the first floor and the dryer is stacked above I decided to skip fixing it. Which is not what I prefer.

Blows to have to give up and buy new...

So all Said and done, I went with Simons in Franklin (bought fridge here and the washer/dryer above from them 10 years ago when I bought this house). I had a $100 gift certificate from them and went with LG. They had some rebates also. Still cost a good amount. But prob $1000 less than a speed queen.

If it were not for the need to stack them and if they were in my basement this would have been easy and less cash!!!

Last edited:
Why? Currently LG is on my short list. Some rebates and I have a gift card to a local place (An independent dealer, not a chain).

I'd prob go with the Speed Queen, but out of the budget. It's just the two of us, so not a ton of laundry to do. If we were a large family, then I might invest in one.

I have a working front load dryer I may sell cheap if anyone is interested.
They have no local MA service. They have to have someone come down from NH for any service work. Its outsourced to small repair shops and they don't have to do it. We waited 93 days for warranty work. I just ordered the parts for the washer a second time from doyourownrepair. It was easier and they have model specific videos

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom