Need help with pricing Dillion XL 650 with extras

2 is 1 ... 1 is none ;)
And to be perfectly clear, they’re not the exact same dies, but rather give me the capability to reload the same calibers on different machines.

I have a square deal B I use for straight wall pistol/straight wall calibers, and an 550B I use for bulk rifle ammo. I have all the pistol caliber proprietary dies for the square deal, but have ‘normal’ Dillon carbide dies for the 550B that just sit unused.

I think I did well. Got the press with all the extras, 4k 9mm bullets, 25k primers, 8 lb pistol powder and a bunch of other "stuff"
Kept it just under $5k :)
Will post picts when I get it on Monday.

I think I did well. Got the press with all the extras, 4k 9mm bullets, 25k primers, 8 lb pistol powder and a bunch of other "stuff"
Kept it just under $5k :)
Will post picts when I get it on Monday.

wait until you get your first stuck case...you’re going to love reloading 😂

that’s a hell of an investment...but you made the right choice with Dillon. Every problem I’ve ever had with either mine have been resolved within a week and a quick phone call or email to their warranty department.

I held off ‘going blue’ until I ran into a really sweet deal on my 550b ($250 w/4 conversions/quick changes/carbide doe sets + bullets and powder!) but I’ll never look back. I don’t reload enough ‘volume’ to justify a bigger press for rifle cases, and my square deal B pumps out pistol as fast as I really need it to.

from what I hear, the 650 is quite a bit faster and has a lot more options available. When/if the 750’s come around in stock and readily available again, I might kick around the idea of buying one for .223/9mm, but will probably talk myself out of it again since I’m already running out of space on my reloading bench.

Last edited:
wait until you get your first stuck case...you’re going to love reloading 😂

that’s a hell of an investment...but you made the right choice with Dillon. Every problem I’ve ever had with either mine have been resolved within a week and a quick phone call or email to their warranty department.

I held off ‘going blue’ until I ran into a really sweet deal on my 550b ($250 w/4 conversions/quick changes/carbide doe sets + bullets and powder!) but I’ll never look back. I don’t reload enough ‘volume’ to justify a bigger press for rifle cases, and my square deal B pumps out pistol as fast as I really need it to.

from what I hear, the 650 is quite a bit faster and has a lot more options available. When/if the 750’s come around in stock and readily available again, I might kick around the idea of buying one for .223/9mm, but will probably talk myself out of it again since I’m already running out of space on my reloading bench.
Had an old Lee, very old, broke it many times with stuck cases. I did run about 10k 223 in it, always dreamed of owning a Dillion. First I had to get rid of the old wife, now I got a new wife, totally on board. I showed her my guns when we met, she said "where are the rest of them?" :)

@TZCHRIS FYI you can't ship primers or powder without a hazmat endorsement so if you're selling any it will have to be local.
That’s nonsense. I ship/receive them all the time. Just don’t put a return address on the package, or if you do, use the same address you’re sending them to. If the package is intercepted and you get a call to go pick it up, don’t show up. They’d have a hell of a time trying to prove you bought them unless you. If I had a nickel for every time I saw you post this on CMP, I’d probably have a dollar though.

My advice is, don’t sell any...ever. Unless you’re helping friends/family out. They’re not getting any cheaper and they store indefinitely in proper conditions (ie. Basically forever if you’re anywhere in AZ).

I can’t wait to see the pics! Congratulations on the new wife, especially though...I’m might be in the market soon myself!

That’s nonsense. I ship/receive them all the time. Just don’t put a return address on the package, or if you do, use the same address you’re sending them to. If the package is intercepted and you get a call to go pick it up, don’t show up. They’d have a hell of a time trying to prove you bought them unless you. If I had a nickel for every time I saw you post this on CMP, I’d probably have a dollar though.

My advice is, don’t sell any...ever. Unless you’re helping friends/family out. They’re not getting any cheaper and they store indefinitely in proper conditions (ie. Basically forever if you’re anywhere in AZ).

I can’t wait to see the pics! Congratulations on the new wife, especially though...I’m might be in the market soon myself!
Lol, if I had a nickel for everything I was not supposed to do...........

5 year felony and big $$ fine for flaunting hazmat regulations. Kiss the guns goodbye.

@TZCHRIS FYI you can't ship primers or powder without a hazmat endorsement so if you're selling any it will have to be local.
Doesn't FedEx ship primers? They have a hazmat endorsement, I know I receive hazmat material from them. All primers on Gunbroaker are shipped FedEx.
Yeah, I know I have to declare it hazmat and pay extra but I find it difficult to believe they wont ship it?

Doesn't FedEx ship primers? They have a hazmat endorsement, I know I receive hazmat material from them. All primers on Gunbroaker are shipped FedEx.
Yeah, I know I have to declare it hazmat and pay extra but I find it difficult to believe they wont ship it?
You ‘officially’ need a special permit to even ship hazmat in the US. FedEx and UPS will ship them, but USPS ‘will not’ (knowingly) ship them.

You ‘officially’ need a special permit to even ship hazmat in the US. FedEx and UPS will ship them, but USPS ‘will not’ (knowingly) ship them.
I was considering selling all of the 45 ACP bullets, 10K large pistol primers and a complete Dillon 45 ACP setup but wife just put her foot down and said we are not selling anything! LOL I think she was diddling herself in my new reload room last night! o_O:p

I was considering selling all of the 45 ACP bullets, 10K large pistol primers and a complete Dillon 45 ACP setup but wife just put her foot down and said we are not selling anything! LOL I think she was diddling herself in my new reload room last night! o_O:p
Yup...she’s a keeper.

I told you...you’ll kick yourself down the road if you sell anything. You might not be a 1911 guy today, but tomorrow you might buy a Tommy gun and you’ll be wishing you still had all those bullets/primers and the die set!

On another note...did she just quit sewing?

I’m trying to figure out how you convinced her to let you take over her sewing room?

Obviously your wife was OK with the idea, but my mom spends more time quilting than she ever did with me as a child (probably explains some development/maturity issues). She leaves her sewing room to eat and sleep and fill up her wine glass and that’s about it.

On another note...did she just quit sewing?

I’m trying to figure out how you convinced her to let you take over her sewing room?

Obviously your wife was OK with the idea, but my mom spends more time quilting than she ever did with me as a child (probably explains some development/maturity issues). She leaves her sewing room to eat and sleep and fill up her wine glass and that’s about it.
The funny thing is she never started. We bought the machine for like $25 bucks at an auction last year. It had a broken gear which took 6 months to get, now I am (was) in the process of re-timing the machine, big PITA! It does make a good table when all folded up, lol. I dont think she will ever use it, all in I have $45 invested so no big deal, got to throw her a bone now and then. ;) My guess is that the next picts on my reloading room will be less one sewing machine!

They do ship hazmat material but you need the endorsement to ship hazmat with them or UPS.

They do ship hazmat material but you need the endorsement to ship hazmat with them or UPS.

This. The fact that some people get away with it doesn't mean it's legit. The penalties for getting caught are huge.

This. The fact that some people get away with it doesn't mean it's legit. The penalties for getting caught are huge.
Just got off their website, FedEx, and it looks pretty simple to ship. I am heading there tomorrow to confirm. Not that I am going to ship or sell but now I need to know. I used to order them all the time, I forget who shipped them but it wasn't the aliens.

Just got off their website, FedEx, and it looks pretty simple to ship. I am heading there tomorrow to confirm. Not that I am going to ship or sell but now I need to know. I used to order them all the time, I forget who shipped them but it wasn't the aliens.
DOT requires you to be trained in hazmat/dangerous goods shipping if I recall. And you’d need an hazmat endorsement/account with UPS/FedEx. At my previous job I had annual hazmat shipping training as we used to ship hazmat/dangerous goods frequently. It was somewhat of a pain in the ass to do.

Back
Top Bottom