Need help with pricing Dillion XL 650 with extras

TZCHRIS

NES Member
Want to get back into reloading, wondering if someone with more Dillion experience can help me determine what I should pay for ALL this. Going to auction and this is up for grabs. I had a very old LEE press that I ran about 10K rounds of 2.23. I had to fix/weld/rebuild it at least 3 times, think I paid $100 for it. This time I dont want those headaches so have been looking for a Dillion.
This is all the info I have, these pictures. Can you please take a look and give me best guess on what is a "good" price? I'm thinking I can get this all for under $1K and that's a no brainer from my research but need second opinion. Thanks
Screenshot 2021-07-31 172940.jpg Screenshot 2021-07-31 172916.jpg Screenshot 2021-07-31 172855.jpg Screenshot 2021-07-31 172832 (1).jpg Screenshot 2021-07-31 173002.jpg Screenshot 2021-07-31 172832.jpg Screenshot 2021-07-31 172809.jpg Screenshot 2021-07-31 173036.jpg

Looks barely used and you're getting 3 'extra' powder measures and 3 conversion kits ($300 & 300 new).

IMO, if you can get it all for < $1000, thats a pretty good deal. Is the wooden bench included?

figure out what all that stuff is sold new and then start removing 'usedness' but also consider that
at the current time, a lot of that stuff is hard to get.

You're getting 3 full setups (dies and conversion & powder measure), if you dont plan on reloading one/some of
the 3, I'm sure you could sell them to recoup some $

Last edited:
I agree. Looks like a good deal at $1k. As mentioned, price out the parts on Dillon’s site. If anything is missing or broken, you can almost always get new parts. Many times they will send you replacement parts for free, making it an even better deal.
Keep us posted. Good luck bidding.

Used dillon gear on a auction
30% over current retail.

for me It would be more like set a max your willing to pay , plus any fees?
The bench is a cheap harbor freight,
Quick look and knowing my cash flow $1200?

Thank you for all the help, I was thinking $1200 max. Going to go look pre auction, I'll keep you posted.
There are about 3 lots of mixed primers, from pictures it looks like many thousands. If I get them at a good deal maybe I'll karma a few I dont need.

Lee would have replaced that for you free, they have a lifetime warranty on their stuff. Just call them.
I sold everything I owned to someone here for about $20, lol, at least someone benefited from my divorce! Actually it was a win win! I sold everything I owned and headed west! Best decision of my life and met the girl of my dreams who is the one who found this reloading equipment and insists I buy it! :)

I sold everything I owned to someone here for about $20, lol, at least someone benefited from my divorce! Actually it was a win win! I sold everything I owned and headed west! Best decision of my life and met the girl of my dreams who is the one who found this reloading equipment and insists I buy it! :)
She's a KEEPER!

Used dillon gear on a auction
30% over current retail.

for me It would be more like set a max your willing to pay , plus any fees?
The bench is a cheap harbor freight,
Quick look and knowing my cash flow $1200?
This.
2 years ago, 80% retail was a common number to price dillon stuff at.
Now, who knows.
Throw in the fact that some auctions go for insane money with no justification, there is no telling what it could sell for. Do yourself a favor, make a detailed list, go on Dillon's page and see what retail is. Don't bid over that number (unless "I have to have it NOW" is a factor). Also don't figure in the cost of the oils and powders pictured.

Just went to the viewing, 4 million dollar estate! This guy had everything.
Everything was in pristine shape !

So how available are primers and what is a realistic price? I see on gun breaker stuff for .24/each? I can bid on 3 lots of 10k per lot. I'm thinking $700 per lot?

Also, the powder is all sealed and new, auction listed it as gun cleaning supplies, lol.

I can Google prices but need your help on availability?

If I get some extras I dont need those who help will be first for a great deal!

Thanks, chris

So how available are primers and what is a realistic price? I see on gun breaker stuff for .24/each? I can bid on 3 lots of 10k per lot. I'm thinking $700 per lot?

Also, the powder is all sealed and new, auction listed it as gun cleaning supplies, lol.

Thanks, chris
Chris , the other thing is if you wanted to buy the Dillon caliber conversion kits you might be okay. The wait for some dies is LONG. I ordered a set of 45 acp dies and there out 48 weeks!

dont get ahead of yourself. calmly work the numbers. if you're going to take all the primers and whatever, offer
the *old* price or so. At this moment, most of the primers are going for $60-80 per brick but in the past was 30ish.

For him, it's all sunk money, he just needs to get a reasonable fee for it all and he'll take it. I'd certainly start
on the lower end. YMMV

dont get ahead of yourself. calmly work the numbers. if you're going to take all the primers and whatever, offer
the *old* price or so. At this moment, most of the primers are going for $60-80 per brick but in the past was 30ish.

For him, it's all sunk money, he just needs to get a reasonable fee for it all and he'll take it. I'd certainly start
on the lower end. YMMV
I have a list with my max bid, I think .07 per primer is decent although I remember the .03 days
The problem is that it is an auction and I have seen many items in the past go for way more than new prices.

Thanks, chris
Damn. Lot of stuff there. Is this a local estate in MA or?
I’m not asking you to disclose the auction or exact location but was just curious.

Last edited:
Damn. Lot of stuff there. Is this a local estate in MA or?
I’m not asking you to disclose the auction or location but was just curious.
I already thought about not wanting to bid against you guys,lol. It is in AZ and they dont ship so I'm good :)
If I get the stuff I'm bidding on I do plan on selling things I dont need or wont use like large rifle primers and some of the reloading does for calibers I dont have.

So far my first score is 8500 small pistol primers for $500 + $75 auction fee
.067 each
If anyone here uses large rifle I may have 5K for around the same price?
Holy crap. No reloaders over there in AZ? 😂
6.7 cents is a great deal by today’s standards. Expensive pre Rona of course.
surprised no one bid higher

FTR, eBay is looking to be your best bet to get the most for your potential unwanted dies.

I almost sold all mine a couple of months ago, but I convinced myself that having ‘extra’ sets is A-OK in a climate where precision tools are on back order for months ahead.

FTR, eBay is looking to be your best bet to get the most for your potential unwanted dies.

I almost sold all mine a couple of months ago, but I convinced myself that having ‘extra’ sets is A-OK in a climate where precision tools are on back order for months ahead.

2 is 1 ... 1 is none ;)

Back
Top Bottom