Need help starting to trim brass.

I need to trim a bunch of 7.5mm Swiss (actually 284) cases. They're once fired and are all about 2.190 where the listed spec is 2.185.

Problem is I've never trimmed a case in my life. What do I need to get started?

I use the Lee case trimmer system with the caseholder chucked in a electric dril. Inexpensive setup and I can trim the cases fairly quickly.

Buy a Forster case trimmer. There is none better. Get all four collets and pilots for each caliber that you load.
When you get it, PM me and I will explain how to set it in about 90 seconds, perfect case length the first try.[wink]

I need to trim a bunch of 7.5mm Swiss (actually 284) cases. They're once fired and are all about 2.190 where the listed spec is 2.185.

Problem is I've never trimmed a case in my life. What do I need to get started?

If you are going to be shooting light loads, and just want to uniform them, and don't mind a trip to the 495 Littleton area, I have a Lyman electric trimmer that I can set up for 30 cal. and would be happy to let you do the trimming on it. P.M. me if you are interested.

Need help starting to trim brass

I have trimmed thousands of rounds in the last thirty years. The most inexpensive set up is the Lee trimmer for each caliber and it works great, especially if you only trim one caliber. If you trim multiple calibers I recommend the rcbs trim pro rotary trimmer with the quick release handle. I have one and it works great on all my calibers. I trim 44mag, 44 special, 22-250, 243, 270, 30-06, 7mmmag, and 444 Marlin. I have a forster trimmer that I will sell to anyone for 20.00 plus shipping, in New England.

Back
Top Bottom