Need (Emergency?) help in New Hampshire

Anybody know of or own land or a pit in New Hampshire that could be used for shooting on June 24th?

It needs to have a berm (or berms) long enough to accommodate 50-100 shooters (or less, I'm a little desperate at this point, so a limit or doing relays is no big deal) 25 yards away. At three feet per shooter, this means 50 to 100 yards wide and 25 yards deep. I am open to negotiating a range fee if you are the owner and a finder's fee if you're the finder. I will provide all targets and stands and any other info necessary.

This is for an Appleseed rifle shoot in conjunction with the Free State Project PorcFest and you will be doing a good deed for the Second Amendment and every other liberty that still exists in America. We were planning to use a sand pit and it fell through a little too close to the event date to be able to schedule this at a club and we're kinda stuck now.

Note: This is not a commercial venture of any kind. I'm volunteering to run it and don't even charge for targets. So this "good deed" stuff wasn't tongue in cheek. I just want to see more Americans shooting rifles and knowing what the 2nd Amendment is all about.

Come on, everybody says New Hampshire is so great. This should be easy, right? [smile]

Last edited:
Seriously... with that many inexperienced shooters you don't want them all shooting at the same time do you? Do you have enough range officers to provide adequate help? I would think that with young kids no more than three kids per range officer on the line with a rifle. How many range officers are you going to have on the line?

Who said anything about young kids? I don't see that in the OP... At the Appleseed shoot I attended, there was ONE 10 year old that I recall... and the rest of the shooters ranged from 20 to somewhere in the 70's, I think.

Who said anything about young kids? I don't see that in the OP... At the Appleseed shoot I attended, there was ONE 10 year old that I recall... and the rest of the shooters ranged from 20 to somewhere in the 70's, I think.

Sorry about that... the name of the shoot "Appleseed rifle shoot" made me think it was for young kids.

Best of luck with the shoot.

Learn and be enlightened, grasshopper.

The site above is a bit sketchy at the moment; they're in the process of starting a new forum. But crak runs mini-Appleseed shoots on the second and fourth Monday evenings of the month at Harvard Gun Club.

So, what exactly is the Appleseed Project?

In the early 1800's, one man traveled the Northwest Territory (now known as Ohio), planting Apple orchards all along the Ohio river. His efforts helped our fledgling country to gain a toehold in the wilderness and his fellow citizens to maintain their independence. His name was Jonathan Chapman, otherwise know by posterity as Johnny Appleseed, and his spirit lives on. Now we're using his example as an inspiration to help accomplish something even more important.

More than two hundred years ago, our hard-won liberty was protected by the readiness of the average citizen, equipped and trained to stand in defense of our nation. No enemy could hope to prevail against such a force - and so, no enemy tried to do so. Today, few are ready and our liberty is being threatened by those who care only about power and control. The survival of our Republic is at stake and we must work together to assure that freedom continues to triumph over despotism.

RWVA is launching a nationwide effort to rebuild America as a Nation of Riflemen. Instead of Apple trees, the goal is to plant the Spirit of the Rifleman. It is time once again to sow the seeds of the Tree of Liberty in every town, village and city of America. This is our new Appleseed program.

With your help, we'll spread the American tradition of practical rifle marksmanship across our great land. We'll work together to find or create the facilities and resources to allow every able and willing citizen to learn to shoot a rifle safely and well close to home. We'll help each other gain the skills and equipment needed to defend our country, if the need arises.

We will establish again what once stood as the primary protection of our unalienable liberties. Once again, trained citizens will stand ready in every city, town and village across America, equipped and trained to defend their homes, their families and their communities against those who would take away our birthrights.

More information is coming in the days and weeks ahead. Meanwhile, we need your input and suggestions about we can best achieve our goal.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, we need your willingness to volunteer your own time and energy to help in this vital work.

If you want to be an active part of Project Appleseed, we'll help you get started! Contact crak or Nickle for information!

Thanks for all the bumps! There will be one range officer per 15 shooters. Anybody have ideas for spots?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the bumps! There will be one range officer per 15 shooters. Anybody have ideas for spots?

Manchester Firing Line's Belmont location is 9 miles from Gunstock, on Rt. 106. See gunsnh.com You might want to check out the nhfree.com boards as well.

Back
Top Bottom