Need Christmas Stockings for MP unit

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Mrs. Magnum's sister, Spc Tammy M., is deployed to Iraq with the 792 MP Co. She's asked for 180 Christmas stockings. I went to Target and got 20 of the 17.5" "Holiday Stocking", number 051 03 0803 for $0.99 each. These are at Target in the aisle with all the stockings - they're on the end (at least, in the Marlboro store, they are) and have a red tag on them reading "Holiday Stocking" on them.

I need 8 other people to go and do the same - we need 160 more stockings for her unit! Who's going to help? (Hey, if the token Jew here can buy Christmas stockings... you can, too. [wink])

PM me for her full name and address.

DSC00978.jpg

Spec Tammy likes Fruity Pebbles, Rainbow Twizzlers and long walks in the desert with her M16 and her M9. (this pic was taken in Kuwait, but she's in Iraq somewhere now)

Thanks for the help Ross it is much appreciated.

It is kind of funny seeing her with an M4 b/c back here I wouldn't of trusted her with a plastic butter knife.[smile]

Last edited:
You wife did tell you she qualified with an M9 (read: Beretta 92FS), right? [devil]

Just got back from mailing Tammy's box o' goodies. So... who's going to help out with some more stockings?

Shameless Plug:

I just got off the phone with Tammy, her and the rest of the guys are pretty home sick, for most of them this is their second tour during the holiday season, so pony up a little something will ya![smile]

Ross I am sure a couple menorahs wouldn't go to waste.[wink]

Urk. Didn't even think... Should I try and send candles, too, or would they melt in shipping? Would candles be available at the PX?

edit: it's probably too late; Chanukah starts in 2 & 1/2 weeks on Dec 4th. I don't think it'd get there in time even if I send them out tomorrow. [sad]

Right now it is taking about 1 week for shipments, this will grow as we get closer to the holidays but if you really wanted to you probably have some time.

Urk. Didn't even think... Should I try and send candles, too, or would they melt in shipping? Would candles be available at the PX?

edit: it's probably too late; Chanukah starts in 2 & 1/2 weeks on Dec 4th. I don't think it'd get there in time even if I send them out tomorrow. [sad]

Ross the mail system has gotten alot better it might still make it in time, and I would send candles with it.

I'll do Christmas cards. What are you guys putting in the stockings? I've also got my hands full with the Marine unit, plus a kid from here in town is in D.Co. Right now most of the Guard units form here are deployed...so things are tight.

Last edited:
When we were putting together a package of goodies to send to the soldiers, my five year old son suggested "why don't you send them some rifles Dad? You've got like five hundred of them."

Back
Top Bottom