Need advice on a tuckable IWB holster for my Sig 239

Any suggestions would be great. I like the tension adjust of the kydex holsters, but want the comfort of leather. Any one know where I can find a leather holster with bombproof retention (in a tuckable iwb)?
Thanks guys!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

The C-Tac holster from Comp-tac has got to be the best holster I have found. It's tuckable, made of Kydex, completely adjustable, and just plain works great.

Adam

The CTAC looks bulky... but what I am hearing is that is is very comfortable! Has anyone had problems with comfort or retention?
I was looking into High Noon holsters, but waiting six to twelve weeks (or more) would drive me insane.
I have a blade tech iwb for my glock 29 which has great retention but cuts into my love handle and thigh when worn in the 2:00/3:00 position. does the ctac avoid this?
thanks for the help guys, I want to avoid yet another holster in the drawer that I rarely use.

My C-TAC was a little uncomfortable at first but I have gotten used to it.

A trick for making one more comfortable (I haven't needed this yet), it to put some "moleskin" (from the foot section at the pharmacy) over the parts of the kydex that cause you discomfort.

I found the c-tac somewhat uncomfortable at times... But considering that I carry a 5" 1911, it performed quite well. My biggest gripe was the area that shields the thumb safety would dig into my side at times. I'd imagine this could be fixed with the moleskin suggestion. If you have love handles at all, this will be a must. A quality gun belt is especially important with the c-tac, since the "outrigger" straps get pretty flexible once they're broken in. Combined with the C shaped belt clips, I could see it being quite unstable if it's on a lighter belt (which is probably obvious).

I carried the c-tac daily (for about 6 mo) while waiting for my Milt Sparks VM2. After carrying both, I prefer the VM2 for most situations. Even though it may be a bit thicker, it seems smaller simply because of the construction. The ctac seems more like a "rig" with all the clips, leather, plastic, etc. The VM2 is one smooth piece. With a thicker double stack I might favor the c-tac due to it's slimmer profile... but not with the 1911. Then it's a matter of Kydex vs. leather. The rigid kydex on the c-tac seems to grab the pistol in a few "hot spots" whereas the leather hugs the entire pistol like a glove. The ctac has adjustable tension from "fall out loose" to "get a crowbar tight". The VM2 was secure to my liking as-is... thankfully... since there's no adjustment.

I still use the ctac on the range for it's holstering/draw speed, and the VM2 for daily carry.

HTH.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Well, when I say "love handles" I am not the 32 waist I was in my early twenties. I have stretched out to a 36. This is why I am hesitant to the size of the CTAC. I am not a big guy 5'11, so a "rig" like the ctac might show. I am lucky enough that I can wear an Insrtuctors belt to work and get away with it.
I am narrowing my my search down to the CTAC, the Fist #k8 and the high noon. I am still weighing the pro's and cons of them all. I will let you know how it works out.
Anyone heard good/bad about the fist?

I just ordered my 4th CTAC holster. I just love them!

Maybe you could wait until after the gun show next month. If so, you might be able to try out a couple of leather and kydex designs there.

Adam

Good call on the gun show!

I totally forgot about the gun show. I will wait it out until then and see what I see.
Thanks for the input guys... I will report back with fit and pictures.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom