Need a recommendation on a case trimmer

I need a case trimmer for .223 brass. I want to be able to trim large quantities at a fast pace. What do you recommend?

I have not used one, but the Giraud is supposed to be the cat's ass. I have a Gracey and I don't like it.

B

EDIT: You can get a Forester and just take the crank off of it and use an electric screwdriver. I use that rather than the gracey I have. I use one of the sinclair deburring tools with an electric screwdriver to clean up the cases.

Last edited:
I'm telling you, nothing compares to the giraud. I got mine for Christmas. I shot with Doug during the President's 100 last year. Very nice guy. I had the same concern about expense, at first, until I got back from Perry and sat down to trim 750 cases.

I used to use a Lee trimmer and cordless drill. If I had it to do over, I would load on a junk press and get a Giraud.

The Dillon power trimmer works for me. Full length resizes and trims in one stroke.

I have been using the RCBS power case trimmer for several years for .223. It performs all of the operations in just a few seconds and has been completely reliable. The best thing I can say about it is that I have no complaints; about $180.

Back
Top Bottom