• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

National Ammo Day Nov. 19

I am going to the pumpkin shoot on the 29th. I do not own any guns yet and was wonderinng what a good assortment of ammo to bring along to get in on the action?
Depends what you want to shoot! For pistol calibers, I'd say that 9mm, .40 S&W, .45ACP and .44 Magnum would be a good range. If you think you are, or want to be, a recoil whore, buy some .500 Magnum (or just ask Eddie Coyle nicely and he'll set you up with enough thermonuclear artillery shells to fracture your wrist. [rolleyes])

Rifles? .308, 7.62x39, 30-06 & .223 are probably good bets.

12 GA for shotties.

I'm planning on hitting up walmart later today after work... we'll see how that goes.

I bought 600 rds of .223 and 500 rounds of Gold Dot +P .38. I didn't need it, but I read another Obama article today and scared myself so I bought some more.

I like to celebrate National Ammo day by having a case of ammo delivered.

Today it was 1,000 rounds of Wolf 7.62 X 39. [smile]

Now I hafta dump all those little boxes into a .50 can so it'll be easier to take with me when I move. [smile]

I like to celebrate National Ammo day by having a case of ammo delivered.

Today it was 1,000 rounds of Wolf 7.62 X 39. [smile]

Now I hafta dump all those little boxes into a .50 can so it'll be easier to take with me when I move. [smile]

Clearly not going to ask where you got it from.. But, how much did you pay? If it's not a "mind your own f'in business!" question. [grin]

Did my duty today, .303 Brit, .308, and snuk in a .32 S&W 1914 wheel gun, x-police carry a real beauty, I just knew if I went for just ammo that wasn't gonna work out, oh well the joy of it all!!

Back
Top Bottom