• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

National Ammo Day Nov. 19

I think for it to be even more effective, people should buy it at a store, so the employies see the trend.
Towards the end of the day I imagine some of us will have to settle for what's LEFT on the shelf...
That aside, I'm in.

Should we make plans to hit up the same stores, maybe even around the same time? Maybe get some serious attention when ammo starts disappearing off the shelves. Terrify the checkout clerks at Dick's and Wal-Mart when they're ringing in hundreds of thousands of rounds in a very short period. [rofl]

I ordered 5,800 rounds yesterday. Will that suffice, notwithstanding the fact that it's 6 days early?

Then again, it might arrive on the 19th!

I ordered 5,800 rounds yesterday. Will that suffice, notwithstanding the fact that it's 6 days early?

Then again, it might arrive on the 19th!

Let me guess, 5k of Aguila .22LR and two 400 round boxes of Greek .30-06? I just got my order form notarized for a case of Augila, a 400 round box, a 192 box of .30-06 and .... what was that.... Oh yeah an M1 Garand Service grade.

BTW: I just went to the site and it looks like they are OUT of the enbloc ammo in "military cans" and all the 400 round cases are "sold out"! Arghhhh. There's a run on .30-06 HXP now too!

Last edited:
Just picked up two hundred rounds of .223 today at Dicks. So it's a little early.

Bad news about the Greek HXP - I hadn't gotten my order in yet. [sad]

I was intrigued by the HRA Garands, but they are ALL gone.

ALL HRA in ALL grades or just "special grade"? I haven't called but their website still lists Service Grade HRA $595, that's what I put in for my order. Hopefully they'll be calling me. The ammo I wanted (in military cans) is no longer listed the ammo page. [angry] [crying] [sad2]

There was a batch of just 200 HRA Garands that were excellent mechanically, but lacked wood. The CMP put them in its own new stocks, so you had the equivalent of a Correct or better HRA Garand with new wood.

For $750.

It does not count unnless you buy it on the 19th!!!

Would you give me a Christmas present today?? NO!

Nov. 19 go buy ammo. Of course you are more than welcome to buy today tomorrow etc, but be sure to but on the 19th.

I would like to see a full round count by caliber from each participant.
Can we get a poll setup for this?

Ammo day was today for me at Zero Hour. 200 rounds of .223 and 50 rounds of .45ACP. Most of it has now found a new home at American Firearms School's backstop.

Would this not be more effective if it were done on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. If all of this ammo is bought one month a year, it is not making as much of an impact. But, if you get EVERYONE to unload the shelves once every three months or so, then the powers that be will begin to LISTEN.. . . [wink]

I am going to the pumpkin shoot on the 29th. I do not own any guns yet and was wonderinng what a good assortment of ammo to bring along to get in on the action?

I would purchase this on the 19th ofcourse to celebrate national ammo day.

I really think there should be a parade on this day like the soviets used to do when they rolled out their biggest and scariest ammo through red square.

Back
Top Bottom