Nashua NH CCW permit

Just went down and put in my app. She told my 10 days is that correct? I know they tell you 14 on the application. My question is this I know Nashua is really strict on handing out CCW licenses if for some reason I get denied, what do you recommend I say to them? My record is 100% clean BTW. Thanks to all that can help. I'm new to this forum as well. [wink]

if they do deny you you contact Penny Dean or Evan Nappen take it to court, but Nashua is not known for denials without just cause so unless you have something in your background you hope they won't find you shouldn't even worry about it

if they do deny you you contact Penny Dean or Evan Nappen take it to court, but Nashua is not known for denials without just cause so unless you have something in your background you hope they won't find you shouldn't even worry about it

There is nothing, But who are Penny Dean or Evan Nappen and how would I contact them just to have this info. Thanks for helping.

I know Nashua is really strict on handing out CCW

I have a few friends in Nashua and their experience with the NPD on carry permits has been great.

One of them submitted his app in the morning and they called him back to pick it up in the afternoon.
People need to stop going into this looking to fight. This isn't MA and there are only a handful of people that have had
ANY issue whatsoever.

Calm down and breath! Don't makes issues that don't exist.
Everything is gonna be fine.

Not to sound like an a**h*** (kinda), are you originally from MA?

Last edited:
both are attorneys in the state of NH that specialize in firearms law. just google their names and you will get their contact information

both are attorneys in the state of NH that specialize in firearms law. just google their names and you will get their contact information

Great thanks. I am originally from MA, but have lived in NH for over 13 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a few friends in Nashua and their experience with the NPD on carry permits has been great.

One of them submitted his app in the morning and they called him back to pick it up in the afternoon.
People need to stop going into this looking to fight. This isn't MA and there are only a handful of people that have had
ANY issue whatsoever.

Calm down and breath! Don't makes issues that don't exist.
Everything is gonna be fine.

Not to sound like an a**h*** (kinda), are you originally from MA?

I'm not looking for a fight, but looking find out how to handle a situation ahead of time.

I'm not looking for a fight, but looking find out how to handle a situation ahead of time.

What I'm saying is this.

Getting a carry permit in this state (for the most part) is like getting an EBT card (or two) in Lowel. The PD won't even blink when/if you ask for a permit (go on line and get the form).

People keep worying what to do if denyed. DON'T WORY!!

If, I MEAN IF, you are denyed, then look for legal help. Don't go looking for leagal help BEFORE YOU HAVE EVEN APPLIED!

If you have a clean record and you get denied, chances are it is because your identity is mixed up with someone else. NH is shall issue, and denials are rare. If you can buy a gun (which requires no license), you can get your P&R license.

If you have a clean record and you get denied, chances are it is because your identity is mixed up with someone else. NH is shall issue, and denials are rare. If you can buy a gun (which requires no license), you can get your P&R license.

Thanks. I have two guns in which I bought from a dealer no problem.

The other thing you need to realize is that any denial must be spelled out, in writing, with the specific reason for denial articulated in the letter. There's no secret "we just don't think you should have one." There has to be a specific reason, one they're willing and able to defend in court, and they have to tell you what that reason is.

Chill out. Getting a license is a good thing.

HTML:

Hmmm, I wonder why she told me 10? I guess to be on the safe side maybe?
Customer service set expectation at x and deliver x-y. Think about it if she told you 3 days and it took 7 you would be pissed even though it is still under the 14 day deadline but if she says 10 and it takes 7 you are happy they got it done quick

Did you apply yet or are you still obsessing over this?

I did on Monday. Still nothing yet. At this point I'm not in a hurry. Like I stated before I just wanted to get some information on what to do if for some reason I did get denied. Be nice people I'm new here. [wink]

Last edited:
I did on Monday. Still nothing yet. At this point I'm not in a hurry. Like I stayed before I just wanted to get some information on what to do if for some reason I dis get denied. Be nice people I'm new here. [wink]

Welcome to NES. You'll need thick skin around here.

Now show us on the doll where MA touched you [laugh]

Edit: Actually, it's more like show us on the Bill of Rights where MA touched you... [shocked]

Last edited:
Welcome to NES. You'll need thick skin around here.

Now show us on the doll where MA touched you [laugh]

Edit: Actually, it's more like show us on the Bill of Rights where MA touched you... [shocked]

I was born there what can I say. I didn't have a choice. [shocked]

Funny I called them today and was told not till the 13th. I told them I was told 10 days when I dropped the app off she said it takes 14 days which is actually 15 working days, but whatever. If I lived in Manchester I would of had it within a few days.

Last edited:
Do not let that stand. The 13th will put you well past the legal time frame they have to issue. You may not be in a rush but you cannot give them an inch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Do not let that stand. The 13th will put you well past the legal time frame they have to issue. You may not be in a rush but you cannot give them an inch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I agree. They orginally told me 10 days now they are saying 15 business days. My record is 100% clean, I think they are busting my n*** to be honest. I just don't want to argue with them on the phone. I'll call the lawyer on Monday if I don't hear anything.

I agree. They orginally told me 10 days now they are saying 15 business days. My record is 100% clean, I think they are busting my n*** to be honest. I just don't want to argue with them on the phone. I'll call the lawyer on Monday if I don't hear anything.

The law doesn't say anything about business days. It's 14 days, period. I'd go down to the PD on day 14 and ask for your license. If they don't have it, call the lawyer.

I don't know if you found the contact info but here it is:
Evan Nappen:
http://www.efnappen.com/index.html
(888) 4-GUN-LAW
E.F. Nappen Attorney at Law, PC
280 Pleasant Street, 1st Floor,
Concord, NH 03301

Office: (603) 223-0001
Fax: (603) 223-0007

Penny Dean
http://www.pennydean.com/
phone: 603-230-9999
email:p[email protected]

Nov. 4th is exactly 14 days from when you submitted. I would call the Nashua Police Monday (or Sunday if your feeling aggressive) and ask if it is ready to be picked up. If it is not, call one of the above attorney's. Nov. 8th is 14 business days from when you submitted but that doesn't matter, case law (IMO) has settled that the "14 days" in RSA 159 means 14 consecutive days, 14 not business days.

Back
Top Bottom