• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nashua NH CCW permit

I just got the call from Nashua for mine, took 12 days over the holiday season, no complaints here!

Got you beat in Milford. Dropped off on new years eve, got the call on Jan 3. 4 days inclusive. When I picked it up mine was pulled from a stack of 10 or so waiting to be picked up.

I am also from MA, and the scars of tyranny are healing up nice.

So far Im loving NH. https://freestateproject.org/

Move to NH, bring guns. That's it unless you have NFA items like others have said.

Notify your licensing authority in MA of your move, and the CHSB, so you dont end up permanently disqualified for an LTC. Your MA LTC is now no good when you move.

I read this in another forum

I had Nashua PD deny me for an arrest 25 years ago. The charges were dropped 30 days later.
I did not expunge my record in the intervening years. I also didn't do the appeal at the time
of denial. So now I have to answer yes to the question of being denied a permit. I am going
to reapply soon and will push the issue this time.

Malodave

Yep that was me. Anyone have a copy of an appeal paperwork?

I want to have this waiting in the wings if I get denied again.

Malodave

Just picked my license up, dropped it off on 2/26, called on 2/27, but the permit was signed on 2/26 date so time from drop off to call was <30 hours. This is for Milford NH

Just picked my license up, dropped it off on 2/26, called on 2/27, but the permit was signed on 2/26 date so time from drop off to call was <30 hours. This is for Milford NH

Took my wife 2 days in Milford about two weeks back. She was shocked (also from MA). They warned it might take a full week because of the volume of applications they have been receiving. I guess they have stream lined the process.

Now you just need to find a gun shop that still has guns in stock. When you do, check out comptac holsters: Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - The Infidel Holster Highly recommended for a day to day holster. Its comfortable, with good retention, and no clip slip. Since I cant carry at work I need to take it on and off a lot so the crossbreed supertuck I have just isnt cutting it. While the crossbreed is a little more comfortable it is impossible to take on and off without dropping trou

2 Days, Well Technically LessThanThat When ItWas Ready AfterDrop OfF , In Salem. Glad I Didn't Stay In Mass.

Took my wife 2 days in Milford about two weeks back. She was shocked (also from MA). They warned it might take a full week because of the volume of applications they have been receiving. I guess they have stream lined the process.

Now you just need to find a gun shop that still has guns in stock. When you do, check out comptac holsters: Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - The Infidel Holster Highly recommended for a day to day holster. Its comfortable, with good retention, and no clip slip. Since I cant carry at work I need to take it on and off a lot so the crossbreed supertuck I have just isnt cutting it. While the crossbreed is a little more comfortable it is impossible to take on and off without dropping trou

This is not my first permit so I should be all set with the other stuff, although I am thinking of switching to appendix carry

This is not my first permit so I should be all set with the other stuff, although I am thinking of switching to appendix carry

Thats why I bought the comptac infidel. For appendix carry I wanted something more rigid with retention. My sig 229 is a little big for appendix carry though. Or maybe my gut is a little too big. Either way it is manageable, and much more comfortable when you are just walking around. Sitting or bending over is another story. Also checkout bravo concealment for some nice appendix carry holsters.

Yeah, I'm finding that. Nowhere can I find a stipulated age. Was told 21 by Dan, but I can't find that anywhere.

I received mine in Nashua on the 14th day. They called me just before they "closed". When I picked it up, the date on it was from a week earlier. I had called a few days before and was told it wasn't ready yet and that they had till the end of the week to issue. So I guess it takes the chief a week to sign something? Not really a big deal to me, just thought I'd share. I thought it was funny that some people in Nashua get theirs quicker and some they will make wait the full 14 days.

That is what is legally required, the issue date. When you receive it is really no concern (as far as the law goes). It must be issued within 14 days.

I had mine before 21. I don't think it matters.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I'm finding that. Nowhere can I find a stipulated age. Was told 21 by Dan, but I can't find that anywhere.

I applied for and received mine 6 months before turning 21. I would have applied at age 18 but my knowledge of gun laws was rather lacking at the time.

My brother (6 years younger) got his at age 18 or 19.

Last edited:
I live in Nashua. Got my first CCW in a day. Recently renewed and it took 3. No issues or any hassle whatsoever.

Might be a silly/stupid question, but for the references on the form, what are the parameters? I've sent messages off to some friends to see if they'd be ok with me listing them. Just waiting for replies before I do so. These are people that I use for job references too (at least some of them) so they know me both professionally and personally.

Might be a silly/stupid question, but for the references on the form, what are the parameters? I've sent messages off to some friends to see if they'd be ok with me listing them. Just waiting for replies before I do so. These are people that I use for job references too (at least some of them) so they know me both professionally and personally.

The parameters are they must have a name and an address.

Beyond that...your wife, your mother, your friends, your priest, me...it's all good.

For what it's worth... My name has been put on more than a few applications. I was only called once. That was for my sisters application a few years ago in hudson. And the conversation went (kinda) like this:

POPO: Do you know [insert name here]?
ME: Yes.
POPO: Is [insert name here] a bad person?
ME: No.
POPO: Thank you.

And NONE of the people I have listed on my applications have EVER ben called.

I put my husband, my father, and my brother down. It wasn't Nashua, but they were all called. They were asked if they felt comfortable with me having a permit. They all stifled their laughter and replied along the lines of they would feel more comfortable when I did have my permit. Cops said thanks and that was the end of it.

It is fabulously overintrusive and pointless. At best it is more of an IQ test than a reference check. With no limitations on who to use as a reference, who is dumb enough to put down a bad reference?

Back
Top Bottom