Narrow rifle locker/cabinet

A while back someone posted a review of a narrow rifle locker for 1 or 2 rifles that I was interested in but I can't seem to find it. It was narrow and maybe 48" tall. I'm looking for one to build into a cabinet/built in I building while remodeling my house. The narrower the better (within reason of course) Any recommendations are appreciated.

Gillham nailed it.
Oh, and paint it grey and pit a Square-D sticker on it.
Looks just like an electrical panel to a crackhead...

resource-4ce8160d-2dda-4f32-b239-04b8d1f9f623.jpg.web_.v1.jpg
images

Had one at my old place. The lock/mechanism is pretty weak, but I just used it to secure my pry bars and sledgehammer.

Be forewarned that the front frame is poorly supported by the packaging and the #1 complaint from buyers is that these universally arrive with at least one corner bent inward or outward. When you bend it back, the paint flakes off. Order from Walmart with free ship-to-store ($63 total), and at least you can refuse delivery if it arrives too banged up.

Oh, and paint it grey and pit a Square-D sticker on it.
images
Cool idea. And one of these for the illiterate:
e19fnd.jpg

I'm looking for a cabinet to lock a HD AR up and possibly a pistol. I saw one on here a while back, I have two 12" deep 48" tall cabinets and I want to sandwich a narrow cabinet in the middle.

Maybe it'd be easier with a DIY job? A router might and a narrow strip of wood might work in your favor.
Get some cabinet hinges and a little key lock - sets you up to have your own little custom door.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Brainerd...35-mm-Face-Frame-Hinge-H811SMV-NP-C/204417710
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Li...r-and-Cabinet-Keyed-Cam-Lock-U-9945/100203961
Just have to find the right piece of wood, use the router to hollow out the area for the hinges to sit, bam - instant cabinet.

If you want something that slides, grab some drawer rails, frame a little insert - maybe some backing to secure the rifle to - you're in business.

The Tacvault is similar to what I'm looking for but it's very deep at 19", which I think is to the furthest point of the locking device. I'm shooting for around 12" deep. And optimally I'd like it to be 48" tall. I may end up building it. I just thought it would look sharp for a metal cabinet sandwiched between 2 cherry cabinets.

The Tacvault is similar to what I'm looking for but it's very deep at 19", which I think is to the furthest point of the locking device. I'm shooting for around 12" deep. And optimally I'd like it to be 48" tall. I may end up building it. I just thought it would look sharp for a metal cabinet sandwiched between 2 cherry cabinets.

Go custom - keep us detailed with your progress and post lots of pictures!! :)

since you're remodeling, you may want to consider the custom idea as posted by others. when i did some renovation, i devised a system that requires a metal detector to find my firearms

i could tell you what i did, but then.....................

Back
Top Bottom