Nancy Mace carrying gun after death threats and vandalism at her South Carolina home: South Carolina congresswoman said she carries a gun wherever

Reptile

NES Member
On Memorial Day, Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., woke up to a call from the police.

"They wanted to know if I was home, and if I knew my house had been vandalized," said Mace, standing on the porch of her Charleston home.

The freshman congresswoman said she was out of town when a vandal or vandals allegedly scrawled profanity and anarchist symbols in black spray paint on her property.

I saw that article. Some people in the comment section say vandalism or destruction of property doesn't warrant shooting them. Well, if some scum is trying to burn down your house I feel that person needs to be shot dead. They're crossing the line and putting my life in jeopardy trying to burn my house. At that point, it's shoot to kill. I know there was no attempted burning but I'm just saying that's a whole different ball game.

I saw that article. Some people in the comment section say vandalism or destruction of property doesn't warrant shooting them. Well, if some scum is trying to burn down your house I feel that person needs to be shot dead. They're crossing the line and putting my life in jeopardy trying to burn my house. At that point, it's shoot to kill. I know there was no attempted burning but I'm just saying that's a whole different ball game.

Arson of a residence is attempted murder as far as I'm concerned. You come at a home, whether or not there are signs of life or a car parked, etc- there may still be people inside sleeping or in rooms without facing windows.

Light that up, you know what you're doing, and you don't get to claim otherwise.

There seems like a big ass black magic marker line between slashing your tires and setting your house on fire.

Wonder how long she has had her SC Concealed Weapons Permit, and whether she got bumped to the head of the line ahead of people who've been waiting 8-12 months for issuance?

if some scum is trying to burn down your house I feel that person needs to be shot dead. They're crossing the line and putting my life in jeopardy trying to burn my house. At that point, it's shoot to kill. I know there was no attempted burning but I'm just saying that's a whole different ball game.
Arson of a residence is attempted murder as far as I'm concerned. You come at a home, whether or not there are signs of life or a car parked, etc- there may still be people inside sleeping or in rooms without facing windows.
Light that up, you know what you're doing, and you don't get to claim otherwise.
Like kidnapping, defense against "arson" is often called out in state law as justification for deadly force, e.g NH:
RSA 627:7 said:
… he may use deadly force … when he reasonably believes it necessary to prevent an attempt by the trespasser to commit arson.
Some state laws specifically call out "an occupied dwelling" in the self-defense laws or in the definition of felony arson.

Wonder how long she has had her SC Concealed Weapons Permit, and whether she got bumped to the head of the line ahead of people who've been waiting 8-12 months for issuance?

From the SC SLED website.
"Although processing times vary greatly depending on current demand and type of application, by state law SLED has 90 days to process and issue permits."

It took about 45 days for my permit to "process" and be issued.
You have to take a firearms safety course and complete the live fire portion also. I did it all on a Saturday in about 6 hours.
I'm thinking the Congresswoman's application got "bumped" a bit.

Last edited:
Mine took all 90 days and then got lost by the post office. The replacement was about three weeks after that.

On the bright side however, legislation was passed that eliminated the fee paid to the state. Let's see if it lasts longer than MA and their "lifetime" FID.

Back
Top Bottom