Nagant Revolvers

SKS Ray

NES Member
I picked one of these up recently. C&R milsurps are hard to come by, at least harder to come by than what rifles are. Figured it was time to expand my handgun collection. Accuracy is ok, no where near a Ruger, but what i'd expect from a WW1 to WW2 military sidearm. Pretty fun to shoot, I just wish ammo was cheaper and easier to get. I may have to opt for the modern 32 acp cylinder for ammo thats corrosion free and easier to find. But for now its a case of Russian target ammo and some Windex. [smile]

26ee5ddb.jpg

Moderator said:
That pistol is sweet. I believe the cylinder moves forward (closer to the barrel) when you fire it.

Yep, gas seal to prevent loss of energy. Don't know if it works, but with proper ammo its definitely quieter than what you'd expect. Pretty much no hearing protection needed outdoors.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
I just wish ammo was cheaper and easier to get.

You just got to ask the right people. We'll be making it shortly. Got to cast some flat nosed bullets, and Ira has to turn some rims thinner.

I'm thinking a reasonable price, but he sets prices, I don't. I do suggest, and he frequently goes with that.

They'll be lead wadcutters and light loads.

The only reason we're doing it is due to a couple of folks here owning them. I own one, so, I've done the R&D and bought the equipment.

Nickle said:
You just got to ask the right people. We'll be making it shortly. Got to cast some flat nosed bullets, and Ira has to turn some rims thinner.

I'm thinking a reasonable price, but he sets prices, I don't. I do suggest, and he frequently goes with that.

They'll be lead wadcutters and light loads.

The only reason we're doing it is due to a couple of folks here owning them. I own one, so, I've done the R&D and bought the equipment.

I'll give you guys my brass if it'll help. I've got a few boxes of original Russian ammo shown in the pic.
Looks like i'll have to get in touch with you about making an ammo order.

Fiocchi is making 7.62 nagant and i belive they're making .455 webley now too. may be a little more expensive but atleast its non corrosive and you can find it.

Milsurp, the brass you have is likely Berdan primed, a real PITA to reload. As mentioned, Ira has 500 cases formed for him, has to turn the rims thinner, and he should be good to go. The ammo will have lead bullets, since I can't find jacketed bullets that work 100%, due to case taper.

If you come up Mem Day weekend, I should have some with me, stuff I made.

Back
Top Bottom