N.E.S. Classifieds - some nice stuff

fencer

NES Member
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the selection in the Classifieds has been awesome as of late?

Sigs and Glocks and 1911's and beautiful revolvers. HK's and Colts, Kimbers and Rugers are all in the handguns for sale sections, and call me crazy, but the prices seem to be pretty reasonable.

The same is true with riles and shotguns. Great selection.

I have been hanging around here for a while, and I don't think I have seen a selection as good as this. Is it just me?

Last edited:
No. I try to avoid the classifieds. I wish I had the willpower to avoid the group buy section also, but I am only so strong.

Personal classifieds are good ,

but dealer classified are horrible. I mean cmon 900 for a glock gen 3 30... Are you kidding me.. Or 700 for a gen 2?

Last time i checked 650 was the going rate for any glock..

I've got some pretty good deals on ammo and AR parts over the past few months. The downside is that none of them seem to be south of Boston. Really, I've gone to Burlington, Framingham, Gloucester, and a couple of other places I can't remember. Some of it has been mailed to me, but most of it I had to go pick up. Still it probably all evens out as opposed to ordering on line or going to a real store.

Of course I missed out on a S&W Model 13 with a 3" barrel. I think it was up for about 20 minutes before someone snagged it. [crying]

Personal classifieds are good ,

but dealer classified are horrible. I mean cmon 900 for a glock gen 3 30... Are you kidding me.. Or 700 for a gen 2?

Last time i checked 650 was the going rate for any glock..

The only reason I even look at the dealer classifieds is to see whats just come into stock at a shop local to me. Agree prices at some places are retarded.

The selection has been better, and so have the prices.
In the summer it was the complete opposite but, there were twice as many things for sale.
Once school started things went real quiet.
Except for greg that deletes and posts the same crap every couple days to stay on top [laugh]

N.E.. Classifieds - some nice stuff

90% of the time the deals in the member classifieds far outshine those in the the dealer classifieds.

It's harder to do better when you have a profit margin to cover.

90% of the time the deals in the member classifieds far outshine those in the the dealer classifieds.

It's harder to do better when you have a profit margin to cover.

I agree, cant compare someone with overhead with someone who just needs a few quick bucks to get his wifes car fixed. When I mentioned "retarded" prices in my other post, I had $900 Glocks in mind.

Dealers are making a living off you. Same as car sales.

You aren't going to find the same deals you will find from a private party.

Slap shot .. There is a difference between regular market price of a gun and adding 50$ to make a living through bulk sales vs adding 400$ to the market price ... Just because it may not be available freely.

If you don't like the price, don't buy the product is all I'm saying.

yep

it's the nature of the beast: overpriced stuff piles up in the classifieds with double digit bumps--so be it. reminds me of the good ole want ad where you'd see the same car, week after week after week.

there was one gun on here for 2+ years. don't think it ever did sell.

no complaints, just observations

somewhere there are sellers complaining about all the people looking at their ads with no money - [smile]

true story: I sold a motorcycle a few years ago. advertised it online. guy calls and asks all these frigin questions, tells me he wants to buy it, then says, "I just need to save up the money". Oh okay, you do that. Guy calls me back three months later and says he has the money--then comes and buys it. Unbelievable. Yet, it happened.

Last edited:
It is tough because I have certainly seen firearms in the classifieds that I would have purchased if the price had been more reasonable, but folks are going to charge prices that they want to charge.

I don't let it bother me because I have run the numbers in my head and you sure do have to sell a lot of guns to make a decent living.

But prices aside, there sure are a lot of nice guns in the classifieds right now. Sure, some of the guns are high end, but there are more than a few that are very fair and come with ammo and holsters etc,

Here's my take on the over priced stuff. Hubby leaves door to gun safe open and leaves to go make a sandwich or something. Wifey walks by safe and says" Holy crap where did all this s@$# come from." Wife tells hubby that he must sell some of the stuff. Husbands lists it here with a price that A). no sane person would pay for it, and B). if it does sell, he could replace it and make a profit. In the mean time, husband tells wife, " I am trying to sell it, but no one will pay what its worth."

I have seen some good deals here but I have been holding off until I see what kind of new gun laws the Dems are going to invoke on us. Is it just me being overly cautious? Hate to spend hundreds of bucks on something that could end up on a Band-In-MA list

Re: N.E.. Classifieds - some nice stuff

I think a lot of items people consider over priced are ones that the seller would like to sell but it's not urgent that they do so. Plus the fact that they probably paid what I like to refer to as the Massachusetts price for it to begin with and they don't want to take a loss. Of course there are plenty of dreamers here that list items for sale with wishful pricing.

There are adds I've listed that some would consider high but it's because they had no idea regarding the actual value of it. Take the Farmer's Friend SKS I had a while back, it takes a collector to know what they're going for and how hard it is to find one. In the end I wound up selling it for what I paid for it and that was the going rate years ago.

for everyone unhappy with prices: call Martha and ask her to set price controls or to eliminate FTF sales so shit is "fair". so glad I'm leaving this state. some posts in this thread here really suck.

Here's my take on the over priced stuff. Hubby leaves door to gun safe open and leaves to go make a sandwich or something. Wifey walks by safe and says" Holy crap where did all this s@$# come from." Wife tells hubby that he must sell some of the stuff. Husbands lists it here with a price that A). no sane person would pay for it, and B). if it does sell, he could replace it and make a profit. In the mean time, husband tells wife, " I am trying to sell it, but no one will pay what its worth."

The problem with that scenario is that the wife should be making the sammich. An easy way to avoid the whole problem. [laugh]

Slap shot .. There is a difference between regular market price of a gun and adding 50$ to make a living through bulk sales vs adding 400$ to the market price ... Just because it may not be available freely.

I'm not saying some people don't post ridiculous prices but no one forcing anyone to pay them.

I stand by my statement, you'll usually get a better deal from a private party because the person doesn't need to make a profit.

Back
Top Bottom