My new S&W 442 prints ("shows") in my pocket

neptune: yeah, i had the cheapo first and wanted to upgrade so i went with the mika. i wasn't entirely unhappy with the uncle mike's--it's not a terrible holster, it serves a purpose. you could probably find one locally relatively easy while you wait for the mika OR you could order a nemesis.

I have the nemesis which I like but you may also want to check out the Desantis Superfly which is like the nemesis but has an attachable flap that helps disguise the outline of the pistol.

I carry on my ankle also (Glock 26), but the reasson I carry pocket 442 occurred just recently, downtown Boston, broad daylight, financial district...some young scumball walked up to me and asked me "Yo, man, let me use your lighter Yo.." even though I wasn't smoking....I said "I don't have a lighter, I don't smoke" and he reached inside his pocket and produced a knife....He had the drop on me, period, and I had no time to grab my ankle!!).I had to run around the corner, drop / fall, and grab my G26 off my ankle and point it at him and scream "I'll blow your fu**king head off right here!!!!"...He then backed off and ran....Had I had my 442 in my pocket, I wouldn't have had the need to run / fall....he would have received the 442 muzzle immediately in his face....Ankle? Yeah, my "power" is there for when some whack job stands up on the subway train with his AK47 and declares that it's "judgment day" (Yeah, you're right, it is! For you!!!!)...but for immediate "in your face" protection, the 442 is the bomb! But I need a holster that won't print in my pocket!!

Was this a serious post? [rofl]

so what's the big difference between the Nemesis and the Mika holster?

I'm wondering this myself. I love my Nemesis chiefly because it's very thin. It conceals the outline of the gun well but doesn't add hardly any bulk or thickness, so it doesn't look like you're carrying around a stack of cell phones in your pocket. I've never seen a Mika up close, but it looks like it would be much thicker. My Nemesis is so thin that in my work clothes, (khakis and a polo shirt usually) there is absolutely no trace of an outline. It looks like the pocket is empty.

neptune: yeah, i had the cheapo first and wanted to upgrade so i went with the mika. i wasn't entirely unhappy with the uncle mike's--it's not a terrible holster, it serves a purpose. you could probably find one locally relatively easy while you wait for the mika OR you could order a nemesis.

+1.

Good holsters always take a long time. After having seen MassMark's Mika, IMHO, those holsters are worth whatever wait exists.

The uncle mikes $12 or less cheapies aren't bad either- for what they are. A close friend of mine, that's all he uses... works for him. I used them on and off over the years with no problem... certainly not the best holster, by any stretch, but they will get you by.

-Mike

My Jframe 332 in a Mika

mika.jpg

Stop wearing skinny jeans?

Try a different holster. Even if there is a bulge in your pocket no one will know what it is. Just tell them it's your cell phone.

Does it print enough for someone to know what it is? I have plenty of things in my pockets that print. Cell phones, flashlight, keys. All kinds of odd shapes as they shift around. Unless they're some tight jeans, I can't imagine that it prints so much that people have any clue what it is (not just non-firearm owners, but I doubt any of us would know either).

I use an ankle holster. I like it and with it I have my gun with me about 99% of the time. A slow draw beats no draw at all. I understand the limitations ankle carry has, but IM fine with it. I also have a Mikas pocket holster for my looser fitting pants and an IWB

What a horrible link that Chet dude posted. I think Im scared for life. That link needs a better disclaimer then NSFW. Is should be something like: only look if you wish to be scarred for life LOL

IMO the Mika's holster is worth the wait. I'm surprised, though, since when I had mine made it was back in less than a week.

Guess the holster-makers have been hit by Obamamania as well.

I carry on my ankle also (Glock 26), but the reasson I carry pocket 442 occurred just recently, downtown Boston, broad daylight, financial district...some young scumball walked up to me and asked me "Yo, man, let me use your lighter Yo.." even though I wasn't smoking....I said "I don't have a lighter, I don't smoke" and he reached inside his pocket and produced a knife....He had the drop on me, period, and I had no time to grab my ankle!!).I had to run around the corner, drop / fall, and grab my G26 off my ankle and point it at him and scream "I'll blow your fu**king head off right here!!!!"...He then backed off and ran....Had I had my 442 in my pocket, I wouldn't have had the need to run / fall....he would have received the 442 muzzle immediately in his face....Ankle? Yeah, my "power" is there for when some whack job stands up on the subway train with his AK47 and declares that it's "judgment day" (Yeah, you're right, it is! For you!!!!)...but for immediate "in your face" protection, the 442 is the bomb! But I need a holster that won't print in my pocket!!

I hate to tell you but this is how 90% of the defensive uses of a firearm in a mugging will go. The guy will use some semi-innocent pretense to get close. Hey man, have you got any change, etc.

That is why in those situations, some understanding of up close and personal martial arts is good. It gets you distance.

the benefit fo a pocket gun is that you can make like you are reaching for your money to give him. Combine that with a strike and a big step back and you are in business.

One question re the glock 26 on your ankle, do you walk with a limp? Thats a heavy piece to have on your ankle. ha.

Back
Top Bottom