My "new" Ithaca 1911A1

stoneypete

NES Member
My friend emailed me saying hell froze over and he's selling guns. Knowing my love for USGI .45's he just sold me this.

It is all Ithaca. I just put Keyes Grips on it from my other Rebuild. Now this gun is all correct.

HPIM0306.jpg

HPIM0307.jpg

HPIM0309.jpg

HPIM0310.jpg

HPIM0311.jpg

HPIM0312.jpg

HPIM0313.jpg

HPIM0314.jpg

HPIM0316.jpg

HPIM0317.jpg

HPIM0318.jpg

HPIM0319.jpg

HPIM0320.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the complements. Mr. Twigg, my new digital has a macro feature that takes great shots. At 6 megapixels I can blow up to great detail.

Have you pulled out the firing retainer and checked the serial number under it?

My Ithaca has a Colt slide. It would be nice to have one all matching. My frame has all the same markings as yours.
Did you mean the firing pin retainer? There are no number underneath. I think only Colt serialized their frames, but I've been wrong before. My Remington Rand has an Ithaca slide, Colt hammer and HS barrel, though I use a post war commercial barrel when I shoot the pistol. Sure is nice to have one "correct".

Last edited:
Thanks for the complements. Mr. Twigg, my new digital has a macro feature that takes great shots. At 6 megapixels I can blow up to great detail.

Did you mean the firing pin retainer? There are no number underneath. I think only Colt serialized their frames, but I've been wrong before. My Remington Rand has an Ithaca slide, Colt hammer and HS barrel, though I use a post war commercial barrel when I shoot the pistol. Sure is nice to have one "correct".

yup that's what I meant to type. I wasn't sure that Colt was the only one to serialize the slides.

Nice gun.

VERY NICE !!! I hope you shot it. I just got my Ithaca as my first C&R right to the door. All matching and the tightest 1911 I have!!!

Took it to the range yesterday and WOW!!

I hope you use yours.

Fred

VERY NICE !!! I hope you shot it. I just got my Ithaca as my first C&R right to the door. All matching and the tightest 1911 I have!!!

Took it to the range yesterday and WOW!!

I hope you use yours.

Fred
Tomorrow it goes to the range.

Beautiful late model Ithaca. The barrel is a later arsenal replacement which is pretty rare in itself, I don't see too many H&R match barrels on the older GI 1911a1's
The original barrel would have been marked either HS (High Standard) or F (Flannery)
And on another note: You have a VERY late production Ithaca with the last known serial of 2660318 Yours is made on the last production run/ govt. contract for ithaca in 1945.....COOL!

You have a wonderful piece of history there, keep it and always cherish it, 1911'a are an addiction and I just love them!

I just shot it! Sweet! This thing will tear the center out if I do my job. I'll shoot it on occasion, but I've got a shooter. This is by no means a safe queen, but I won't put 1000's of rounds through it either.

Just so you know Pete...I'm wiping the drool off my keyboard as I type. Very nice.
Do you want me to bring it Sat.? I'll let you shoot it.

I just shot it! Sweet! This thing will tear the center out if I do my job. I'll shoot it on occasion, but I've got a shooter. This is by no means a safe queen, but I won't put 1000's of rounds through it either.

Why thats what it was made for!!! I've been to the range 3 times since I got my ITHACA and I think this gun is going to be a take with gun for sure.

Enjoy

Fred

Back
Top Bottom