My New Brazos Custom 1911 Race Gun!!!

Well after 6 months of waiting my gun came in today. It is a .38 super widebody 1911 built by Brazos Custom Gunworks (www.brazoscustom.com). It is a double stack gun with all the bells and whistles. It is a 4.5" barrel and slide with 3 oblong lightning holes cut into the slide, a special 11 port comp. with 3 popple holes cut into the top of the barrel. It has an C-More red dot optic with a special offset mount. If you notice in the photos the optic is mounted to the left of center. This help the cases eject because the scope isn't directly above the ejection port. It has a large magwell stippled grips and crisp trigger job.

I took it to the range today and had a few issues. I was told the gun needed to go thru a few heat cycles because the slide to frame fit was so tight. Basically you shoot the gun until it is extremely hot and then let it cool completely before shooting it again. It was still jamming until I added some extra oil. Then it ran perfectly after the extra oil. It shoots extremely flat even with major loads.

My pictures don't do this gun justice. Anyways here she is,
Enjoy:
Brazos008.jpg

Brazos001.jpg

Brazos005.jpg

Brazos007.jpg

Brazos003.jpg

Brazos002.jpg

Brazos004.jpg

Brazos006.jpg

Brazos009.jpg

That's great Pete. I'm most interested to see that it came with an offset mount. I just received one of those from Brazo's and mounted it last night. It looks different but feels fine.

Getting that thing running and bring it out to play!

Those scary-looking hole thingies in the barrel almost made me pee myself. I'll be drafting legislation tonight to classify that gun as a assault weapon to be banned for possession in Massachusetts.

Love,

Jarrett

GTOShootr said:
It is pretty but now I want to see it run with some of those .40s in the pics

I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice. The funny part is I got the idea from Supermotos photo of his 625. I was upstairs when i was taking the pictures and didn't feel like running to the basement to get .38 super bullets as I had a few hundred .40's next to me. So I grabbed what was near me and called it a night. LOL

Thanks for all the kind words about the gun. I can't wait to shoot it more. The offset mount is interesting. When I first saw it I thought it would take some getting used to but as soon as you mount the gun you never even notice it. The true test will be when I go back to my Limited gun if I'm shooting to the right of where I think I'm aiming.

Pete

Supermoto said:
Come out to Harvard on Wed. nights, they run a USPSA practice. lots of fun

just becareful of the plate rack..they shoot back...right Pete[grin]

Did you see my pictures??? My face has since cleared up but not under my armpit... I shot the plate rack yesterday without getting shot so I feel better.

tele_mark said:
What time? And can you be a newbie? I've shot a couple IDPA practices, but that's about it.

Def. come down if you can make it. They start around 5 and it is always a great time... Newbies are always MORE than welcome and we encourage them to come down. You'll not only get lots of pointers people are always willing to let you try their guns. The only thing is Wed. is my late night at work so I can barely ever make it.

Back
Top Bottom