• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My local senator's response to my email about the recent Firearms hearing in Boston

Lxpony

NES Member
I emailed Senator Brewer who is a vice-chair for the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security voicing my contempt for the proposed new laws...

Here is his canned response:

Senator Brewer asked that I reply to the electronic correspondence you sent to his office at which time you expressed your strong opposition to several bills that were brought up in the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security's hearing yesterday.

As you know, the now former Senator Jarrett T. Barrios filed Senate Bill 1354, "An Act Regarding the Prevention of Illegal Gun Trafficking and Gun Violence Among Youth in the Commonwealth," Senator Cynthia S. Creem filed Senate Bill 1383, "An Act Relative to Preventing Illegal Trafficking of Firearms," Representative Paul C. Casey filed House Bill 2293, "An Act Establishing a System of Ballistic Identification," and Representative David P. Linsky filed House Bill 2340, "An Act to Improve the Tracing of Guns Used in Crimes," House Bill 2342, "An Act Protecting Children and Adults from Unsafe Handguns," and House Bill 2343, "An Act to Close a Loophole in the Assault Weapons Ban and Further Reduce Gun Violence in the Commonwealth," for consideration during the 2007-2008 Legislative Session. Senator Brewer does not anticipate, although it is impossible to predict with absolute certainty, that any of the above mentioned legislation will be favorably reported out of the committee. As the Senate Vice-Chair of the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security and an advocate for gun owners’ rights with an A+ report card with the Gun Owners’ Action League (G.O.A.L) for over twenty years, Senator Brewer will be sure to take your thoughts into serious consideration and will closely monitor this legislation. Please let me know if you have any questions or require further assistance.

I just hope he is correct.....

Last edited:
I know and totally agree (which is why I like to live where I do in this state) but are similar voices like his enough to counter those who created these bills? That is what I am not so sure about.

another response

Dear Blueleader,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to express your opinion via your e-mail. It is important for people to speak out on the issues that are most important to you.

Regarding your comments, I share your concerns and DO NOT support this package. You should know that I am also an NRA member!

Once again, thanks for your email and please feel free to continue to express your views!

Rep Jeff Perry

Senator Brewer is a strong asset to gun owners in MA.
+1 on that. I know him very well. He was recently a key instruement in the re-opening of the Worcester Medical Examiners Office at UMASS Hospital, which saved all of us funeral directors from having to travel to Boston all the time. He is a good man and true helper of the small business community.

Dear Blueleader,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to express your opinion via your e-mail. It is important for people to speak out on the issues that are most important to you.

Regarding your comments, I share your concerns and DO NOT support this package. You should know that I am also an NRA member!

Once again, thanks for your email and please feel free to continue to express your views!

Rep Jeff Perry

I got this same response back from Perry. Good to know people like this are in politics.

Another response just in today.

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your very thoughtful e-mail regarding the committee hearing that took place last week regarding bills that would effect our current gun laws. I want you to know that there were many citizens like yourself that were against the proposal put forth. In fact, I would say that the testimony ran about 2/3 against the bills and 1/3 for. I have always been a firm believer that the laws we have on the books now are strict enough and that we do not need to take away anymore of a law abiding citizen's rights! You can be assured that I will not be supporting the initiatives that were forwarded to our committee last week and from what I heard from other members there is not an appetite to pass these bills to the full House of Representatives for a vote.

Sincerely,

Rep. Hill

This is good news as Brewer is my rep as well. I emailed him yesterday and have not heard back. I'll be glad to receive a respondance from him. Glad to see not all MA democrats are anti gun. I also sent an email to Senator Steven Tolman and was not very nice in it. Not that it really will do anything but these officials need to know they are not doing a good job keeping us "SAFE."

Back
Top Bottom