My friend went to the 70th Battle of the Bulge in PA and came home with....

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Figured I'd post this just to see your reactions![smile]

My friend went to the 70th Battle of the Bulge in PA and came home with a 7.5cm PAK 40 anti-tank gun. Needs a total restoration, but has NOT been demilitarized.

T

I thought he had already won when he sold half of his collection to buy a papered DEWAT DOT41 MP40 last year. He restored it to full auto even though he can't do that at his range. I got to put a couple of shots out of it. Of course I wasn't familiar with the bolt, and it bit me, leaving a good blood blister on my thumb. A small price to pay...

T

Better pin those split trail ends/recoil legs in place too [smile]

I can see him asking himself, hmm, should I replace that moldy, falling apart fence out back or buy an anti-tank gun???? Glad to see he made the right choice.

Last edited:
This is why I need to win the lotto, so I dint have to work for a living and can buy great stuff like this. I just want to drive down blue hill ave with this thing and record people's reactions.... then go over to Cambridge....

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

My friend has completed an external restoration for display purposes this season, but plans to have it functional next year...

T

Very nice 88. I would like to see one of these fire, but not a light powder dummy round. Curious to see what type of power they had. The gun crews on these must have been deaf shortly after an assault.
Did each 88 require a 5 man crew?

Back
Top Bottom