My friend went to the 70th Battle of the Bulge in PA and came home with....

If you watch footage of an 88 in action, notice that it is a semi automatic action - after the first round is out, the loader slams the next round and its off. Rate of fire was 20 rounds per minute....

So a 10 man crew for one 88 consisted of all 10 manning the gun, or were a few used for fire support, (ie. defensive position)?

10.5 cm leFH 18? Cool from a WWII view. Wonder were they found the ammo. But lots of German WWII era equipment was used by the Syrian and Egyptian armies.
Check out this site :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=95146

stugIII.jpg

From that link:

Syrian terrorist sparked particular interest three years ago when they revealed they had 5,000 StG 44s, another German weapon from the Second World War, which is considered to be the first modern assault rifle.

If that's true, then 5,000 x $40,000 at least per rifle = a profit of around $200 million?!?!?!?!?!? The heck with taking over Syria. Sell those puppies and retire!

Figured I'd post this just to see your reactions![smile]

My friend went to the 70th Battle of the Bulge in PA and came home with a 7.5cm PAK 40 anti-tank gun. Needs a total restoration, but has NOT been demilitarized.

[

So, first off, make sure your friend gets an invite to an NES Car Shoot once it is working.

Secondly, he can't shoot in the first heat!

From that link:
Syrian terrorist sparked particular interest three years ago when they revealed they had 5,000 StG 44s, another German weapon from the Second World War, which is considered to be the first modern assault rifle.

If that's true, then 5,000 x $40,000 at least per rifle = a profit of around $200 million?!?!?!?!?!? The heck with taking over Syria. Sell those puppies and retire!

Can you imagine walking into a military facility and finding these? Instant Lottery Winner!!!!

My friend is selling parts of his collection to pick up a DEWAT papered StG44 from a widow who wants it out of the house. He already has the only functional MP40 among German re-enactors (bcd41).

T

My friend is selling parts of his collection to pick up a DEWAT papered StG44 from a widow who wants it out of the house. He already has the only functional MP40 among German re-enactors (bcd41).

T

Do those fire a standard 9mm luger round? (MP40)

Last edited:
No. The StG also invented the original military assault rifle ammo to go with it. The full size rifle bullet was put in a shortened cartridge - 7.92x33mm. I have a box in my small original ammo collection.

T

From that link:

Maybe [grin]

And this one of a dude shooting one.

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0bf_1358009236&comments=1[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom