• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first post, need advise...

Not that I'm aware of. I was originally issued a Class B in Reading

Reading is irrelevant. Deal with the NOW.[rolleyes]

You said:

I moved here (Lowell) over 2 years ago and my LTC/ALP from another town (yes, I filed the propper [sic] paper work for change of address) is going to expire the end of April.

You also said:
Unfortunatley [sic] she said Lowell does not issue ALP, even to thier [sic] own officers.
Hence the question about LOWELL. [slap]

Last edited:
Is this the same licensing luminary that tells people:

1. If denied, you can't apply again for X years; and

2. You can't hold both an LTC and an FID?

Oh, sorry. I understand Reading is irrelevant here, I thought you were just making a general or sarcastic question. By reading some of your other posts I can see now you're asking a more specific question.

I'm not aware of Lowell's policies about applying again if you are denied. I'm not too woried about being denied, just restricted. Is that what you mean by denied?

I've never heard of owning both an FID and a LTC. If you have a LTC you can still own anything an FID allows, so I guess I don't understand that part of your question.

I have a Non Resident NH Pistol/Revolver license as well. I assume that is pretty much irrelevant as well, though you suggest, in another post, adding it into one of the reasons to issue for LTC ALP when writing a letter.

Judging by what the person in charge of applications said it sounds like my best bet is to focus on reasons I need to carry a firearm for personal protection.

... it sounds like my best bet is to focus on reasons I need to carry a firearm for personal protection.

In that case, just bring news clippings from the Lowell paper from the last 6 months. You should have plenty of reason to fear for your safety justified there.

In that case, just bring news clippings from the Lowell paper from the last 6 months. You should have plenty of reason to fear for your safety justified there.

Yeah, the chief might take offence to something like that. Possibly feel I'm implying the PD isn't doing a good job.

I could also mention how my life has been threatened by plenty of psychs, drunks, and druggies over my years in EMS and I would need a firearm for personal protection in case I ran into one of them that acctually remembered my face and was nutz enough to assault me, but then I would sound paranoid and that I'm walking around with a gun looking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom