• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My best range day yet!

Awesome!!! I can't wait to get my son out. He's 4, I think he's capable now. Follows instructions very well. But Club rules don't allow. Besides I think my wife would have a cow.

Nice shootin', kid! Sure it'll be a day you'll both remember well. Great job.

Video - you'll probably just need to upload the video somewhere so it's hosted there (like youtube, vimeo, etc.) and then grab the URL and embed it into your post here.

Awesome!!! I can't wait to get my son out. He's 4, I think he's capable now. Follows instructions very well. But Club rules don't allow. Besides I think my wife would have a cow.

Right there with you. When I told my wife I'm planning on bringing my son to the range at 7, her head almost exploded.

Right there with you. When I told my wife I'm planning on bringing my son to the range at 7, her head almost exploded.

Unless a kid is very immature, I think 7 years old is plenty old enough to be shooting a .22 while directly supervised at a range.

A swimming pool or riding a bike on public roads is more dangerous.

great to see, next generation of shooters steppin' up and in......that photo would be on my next xmas card for sure

Well done! Try some reactive targets too (cans, clays, steel) which make the shooting that much more fun, especially for kids.

Great job Dad! I look back and can't believe how long it has been... I started with my son when he was 5 or 6 with a pellet gun in the back yard. I bought "his" first rifle, a Henry Golden boy when he was 7. We would shoot every weekend.
Now he is 17 and we enjoy setting up the dueling tree. It is truly one of the greatest joys of my life. But we don't go as often as I would like, because he is 17 and is driving, has a girlfriend and is a total jock ( like I was)

He sent me a text the other day at work... " Personal best.. leg lift machine.. 860lbs - 5 reps". I replied jokingly with " Gee is that all?" He responded with " That was all of the free weight I could fit on the machine".

Unless a kid is very immature, I think 7 years old is plenty old enough to be shooting a .22 while directly supervised at a range.

Definitely, he was more than ready. I wish I could post the vid. I just stood behind him watching he was working the bolt, loading it up. The cocking plunger gave him a little trouble to pull back at first but he got it worked out. Now I wish I brought him sooner

Awesome.

I finally found a range where I can bring my two kids. My last club was 12 minimum age and I got spoken to about them using the archery range. I’ll drive the extra hour so I can get my kids shooting. Nothing is more fun than watching their smiles doing something you enjoy too.

Great work dad!!! I've got three of them and the middle one (4) is itching to go to the range and play with the big boy toys. The tough part is getting him to not want to rat out dad to mom.

Awesome!!!! My daughter just turned 4, not sure if she will be into that sort of thing, as she is very noise sensitive like her mom.

Either way, I've already started working the angle of getting her used to the idea of getting her into shooting, mainly for the safety aspect. If she loves it, great!

Great job. I need to get my son back to the range soon.

I know several 10-12 year olds that I would never take to a range. They don’t listen and would be a danger to everyone and probably do damage to the range.

Great job. I need to get my son back to the range soon.

I know several 10-12 year olds that I would never take to a range. They don’t listen and would be a danger to everyone and probably do damage to the range.
My 14yo stepdaughter fall into that category. I have to stifle laughter everytime she brings up driving. She would kill herself, or someone else if she had a gun or car under her control.

Awesome , went through that with my daughter at the same age and yes ever kid is different.
My oldest was eager to learn the "10comandments" of fire arm safety. Her younger brother and sister could not be bothered and lost interest .

Moving on , try shooting prone with a sand bag supporting his front arm. He will get his head in a better position on the stock behind the sights. It sounds silly but but follow the instructions from a daisy red ryder. Prone is very stable and safe.

Back
Top Bottom