Multiple Barrels in Glock

If I were say interested in a Glock 33 which is a .357, I could also buy barrels to shoot .40 and 9mm, is this recommended or is it not good for the gun. Also is it reliable enough to carry with a different barrel or just intended for taget and fun.

It doesn't hurt the gun. Reliable enough is something you will need to determine yourself. There should be zero difference in reliability between the .40 and .357 subject to the quality of the added barrel and the correctness of the fit. 9MM on the other hand, I would question whether the extractor, ejector and breech face designed to function with a .40 case would work as well with a 9MM case.

I know that conversion barrels from .40 to 9MM are made for Sigs (by Bar-Sto I believe), but I do not recall many details.

The .40 would function fine and I agree with Cross-X on the Lone Wolf barrel. I haven't tried 9mm but I've heard that they work fine for the range but not carry (aka reliability drops a bit)

My SW9F Sigma's barrel fits perfectly into my Glock 22 and seems to lock up exactly the same. I might try it. On the other hand, probably better off to get a purpose made conversion barrel.

I have a Glock 23 (.40 cal) and a lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel. It runs perfectly! You can even use the .40 mags for 9mm, plus, because the lone wolf barrel is conventional rifling, you can shoot un-jacketed lead.

As far as the carry issue is concerned .......... I would only carry in "stock" configuration. It's just not worth taking any chances.

Great answers guys thanks for the help, I just think the idea of getting two or more calibers out of one gun is very cool, especially if I want to carry .357 and let my wife have some fun with the 9mm at the range.

9mm barrel

Wouldn't it make more sense to down load for 357. Recoil is a combination of bullet weight and speed. So if you load lighter bullets at slower speed you should get the same amount of recoil from both 9mm or 357. I had considered using 357 sig in bulleye, thinking the bottleneck cartridge if done properly should be capable of better accuracy. Am I on the right track? The only advantage I can see in spending money on another barrel would be to shoot lead bullets. One of my friends sons builds pistols for the navy pistol team. They have gone to shooting all jacketed bullets after testing proved them to be more consistantly accurate.

For myself shooting lead is one of my considerations, But also I do not reload and .357 sig can be difficult to find and cost a lot, also most of what I see is 125gr full loads and not much else as far as down loading. But maybe I just have to look better?

I have a Lone Wolf 40-9 barrel for my 22 and it works fantastic.

The cheapest .357SIG that I know of right now is Ultramax reloads for $10 a box at Collector's.I was hoping for the cost of it to fall with more makers but with the overall price of ammo going up,it's got more expensive across the board.I'd rather shoot 100 rounds of WWB 9mm than 50 rounds of S&B .357SIG.I actually shoot my 19 more than my 22 so I'm not really sure if it made sense to get the conversion barrel,but it does work well.

Back
Top Bottom