MSNBC Guest Suggests NYPD Could Spy on Gun Shows in Wake of NYC Subway Attack

Reptile

NES Member
On Tuesday MSNBC guest Naveed Jamali suggested NYPD officers could spy on out-of-state gun shows in the wake of the Tuesday morning subway attack in New York City.

Breitbart News noted New York City Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell described the suspect in Tuesday’s NYC subway attack as a black male, approximately 5′ 5″ tall, “with a heavy build,” and wearing a green “construction-type vest with a hooded sweatshirt.”

She said he “donned what appeared to be a gas mask. He then took a canister out of his bag and opened it.” She indicated the subway train then filled with smoke and he opened fire.

Mediaite reported Jamali suggested police NYPD officers could be sent to monitor out-of-state gun shows in the wake of attack. He observed:

Did [the gun] come from a gun show? Did it come from one person who habitually happens to have guns stolen from them? And why isn’t that person being investigated? Why isn’t that person being prosecuted? Why isn’t the NYPD going and parking out in front of gun shows and starting to take license plates down of people coming down from New York to purchase guns out of state?

Continues...

They are already doing this.

The PA gun shows can charge anything for Ghost Guns for the next 119 days.

That will be the last chance for NYC buyers to get them.

Aren’t they already doing this? Isn’t that how they caught that fire fighter that had a polymer 80 kit and the guy from RI that was trafficking guns to the Caribbean…?

I’m assuming that the nypd would have to be working in conjunction with PA law officials? The ny cops are going to go outside of their jurisdiction to gather evidence? I don’t know how that works, but it seems that would raise a lot of issues at trials.

I think it's a brilliant idea. Get to work and waste overtime and regular time of officers scoping out nearby state gun show and ignore the actual CRIME that is going on on your own streets.

I mean, why not send a contingent of NYPD over to fight in Ukraine? Maybe to dig wells in Africa? If we're not worried about them working on their actual jobs, maybe there are more useful things than going to a gun show.

The ny cops are going to go outside of their jurisdiction to gather evidence? I don’t know how that works, ...
mccloud_tv_series.jpg

McCloud could kick McMillan and Husband's ass all day long. LOL

Susan St. James had a voice that could break glass. On the moon. The Nazi's almost won teh war as they were testing her as a sound weapon against Russian troops. Sadly, their experiment failed b/c SSJ wasn't born until 1946. ROFL!!!

Did [the gun] come from a gun show? No

Did it come from one person who habitually happens to have guns stolen from them? No

And why isn’t that person being investigated? Not applicable.

Why isn’t that person being prosecuted? Not applicable

Why isn’t the NYPD going and parking out in front of gun shows and starting to take license plates down of people coming down from New York to purchase guns out of state? Because that's not their job

On Tuesday MSNBC guest Naveed Jamali suggested NYPD officers could spy on out-of-state gun shows in the wake of the Tuesday morning subway attack in New York City.

Breitbart News noted New York City Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell described the suspect in Tuesday’s NYC subway attack as a black male, approximately 5′ 5″ tall, “with a heavy build,” and wearing a green “construction-type vest with a hooded sweatshirt.”

She said he “donned what appeared to be a gas mask. He then took a canister out of his bag and opened it.” She indicated the subway train then filled with smoke and he opened fire.

Mediaite reported Jamali suggested police NYPD officers could be sent to monitor out-of-state gun shows in the wake of attack. He observed:

Continues...

They are already doing this.

The PA gun shows can charge anything for Ghost Guns for the next 119 days.

That will be the last chance for NYC buyers to get them.
They already do as do several other law enforcement orgs. Plus snap pics of those coming and going.

I’m assuming that the nypd would have to be working in conjunction with PA law officials? The ny cops are going to go outside of their jurisdiction to gather evidence? I don’t know how that works, but it seems that would raise a lot of issues at trials.
NYPD has their own counter terrorism unit, on top of also partnering with the JTTF, they work with the Feds all the time, so free reign on jurisdiction. There were guys from NYPD sent TDY to Iraq for months on end to assist with terrorism investigations back here. It’s pretty common these days.

The NYPDs intelligence operation is massive. I am not aware on any other municipal US police departments that have intelligence offices in numerous overseas cities.

Yes they have been , for some time.
NYPD and politicians don't believe the laws apply to them.

NYPD has their own counter terrorism unit, on top of also partnering with the JTTF, they work with the Feds all the time, so free reign on jurisdiction. There were guys from NYPD sent TDY to Iraq for months on end to assist with terrorism investigations back here. It’s pretty common these days.
Sounds doubleplusgood

Back
Top Bottom